Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA API Dev Portal email notification

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2017 12:55 PM

Dear community,

I'm using CA API Dev Portal 3.5.

My question is about email notification, and more specifically links generated in those emails (new account / admin notification, etc).

It appears that hostname of the server is used in those url, which in my case is not corresponding to the DNS entry.

Let me illustrate the issue. Here is an example of email notification (note that urldefense is our spam solution which automatically re-write urls) :

Object : API Developer Portal: Tasks are waiting for your action

There are a number of outstanding requests awaiting your action. Please click on the link below to resolve them:

Account Plans : 0 

Pending Accounts : 0

API Plans : 0

Applications : 1

Unpublished APIs : 0

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__server186.company.net_dashboard&d=DwICaQ&c=IF-4OKySRLI8XdBbvzOkSJMrfBE0abIgTHHWRvvqDFo&r=cl_fGuvruKw2VXKXpJYOihHk3u84sBnkVm87CD6V_Xc&m=jQpUKsB4CEr07HS_Lnyv-BX0AJxQFl4GQ34bPJYWG1I&s=HEbHuP6HmWVA5fU1s1kgt6n-2yvbROjeKhjQanRxE-I&e=

**NOTE: this is a system generated message. Please do not reply to this message.** Thanks

Instead of using the public DNS entry, ie api_portal.company.com, the portal uses the hostname of the vm hosting it, server186.company.net.

Is there a way for chaning this (other than changing hostname of the server) ?

• 2.  Re: CA API Dev Portal email notification
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2017 02:54 AM

Hi,

You can change the hostname to your domain name by editing the below file

change the hostname value 

/opt/Deployments/lrs/server/webapps/ROOT/site-configuration.xml

please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Irfan Mugale

• 3.  Re: CA API Dev Portal email notification

Broadcom Employee