Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Any way to share policy templates with all users on terminal server?

Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:52 PM

We're using a Windows Terminal Server to run the Policy Manager client, and would like to share the policy templates that we have exported. Is there a way to change the location the Policy Manager looks for to load the templates from? By default it's %userprofile%\.l7tech\policy.templates

I'm using CA API Gateway 9.1

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Any way to share policy templates with all users on terminal server?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 09:00 PM

I believe it's hard coded. But when you export/import, you can specify the folder you want.

If you want a feature to change the default folder, you may create and Idea for it.

• 3.  Re: Any way to share policy templates with all users on terminal server?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 14, 2017 04:28 PM

There is a command line parameter that you can use that will specify the home directory where the Policy Manager will save things like Policy Templates and the ssg.properties file:

-Duser.home="C:\Users\test\.l7tech2"

Just change "C:\Users\test\.l7tech2" to a shared directory that all of your users will have access to. There is a batch file in the application directory that you could use to add this parameter and have everyone use this to start the Policy Manager. You could alternately add this parameter to the INI file in the application directory, which the .exe reads by default. 

• 4.  Re: Any way to share policy templates with all users on terminal server?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:12 PM

Interesting, I found a file "Layer 7 Policy Manager.ini" under policy manager install folder, and add the flag -Duser.home="C:\temp". It works well.

Thank you, Bill

• 5.  Re: Any way to share policy templates with all users on terminal server?

Posted Sep 15, 2017 08:36 AM

That's awesome Bill. Thanks for the answer!