Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  API Gateway Database binary log management and best practice to improve performance?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 07:26 AM

Hello ,

I am using api gateway software , 16 GB RAM and 120 GB of HDD on red hat 6.

I am facing performance issue with mysql binary logs, ssg database and ibdata . earlier i had assigned 20 GB of disk space to mysql.

but it seems a issue in just 3 months , it shrink to 90%. where just 1000s of daily negligible payload request and response it was serving. 

So please suggest me some best practice in case of log and database management and shrinking binary log and Ibdata size in replicated environments.

what should be the ideal size of a mysql Directory where api gateway serves millions of request daily. what are the best practices suggest in case of database management for API Gateway Software.

• 2.  Re: API Gateway Database binary log management and best practice to improve performance?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:06 AM

There are a couple Knowledge Base Articles on CA Support Online that could be helpful here:

Configuring and installing the audit record maintenance script

Configuring and installing the binary log management script on the CA API Gateway appliance

This Communities thread discusses when/how to use those scripts:

Do the audit_purge and manage_binlogs scripts still apply?

• 3.  Re: API Gateway Database binary log management and best practice to improve performance?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 10:31 AM

Hello Bill,

Thanks for sharing the KBs.

I hope it will solve my problem. is there any recommendation from community for Disk space reserve for mysql(or any minimum disk requirement) , where gateway serving millions of request / day ? 

• 4.  Re: API Gateway Database binary log management and best practice to improve performance?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 11:23 AM

audit_purge and manage_binlogs scripts could take care care of it partially, but i think the best way to write the audit events to an external database as mentioned by Eric in Do the audit_purge and manage_binlogs scripts still apply?