Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to detect users who are logged in via policy manager?

Posted May 18, 2017 07:47 AM

Before taking a gateway down I would like to determine users who are logged in via policy manager in order to warn them to save their work and log out.   Is there a way to determine this?

• 2.  Re: How to detect users who are logged in via policy manager?
    Best Answer

Posted May 18, 2017 11:52 AM

Hello

It is not possible to obtain a list of logged in PM users from the product.  I reviewed the table logon_info in the ssg database, it will tell you the last activity time of users so you might be able obtain a list of affected users this way.  These time stamps are epoch dates (Epoch Converter - Unix Timestamp Converter). You can view the logon_info table and look 

mysql> select hex(goid), version, hex(provider_goid), login, fail_count, last_attempted, last_activity, state from logon_info;
    +----------------------------------+---------+----------------------------------+-------+------------+----------------+---------------+--------+
    | hex(goid) | version | hex(provider_goid) | login | fail_count | last_attempted | last_activity | state |
    +----------------------------------+---------+----------------------------------+-------+------------+----------------+---------------+--------+
    | 7421C1968D51099F76D125905E474465 | 132 | 0000000000000000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE | admin | 0 | 1495122642972 | 1495122642940 | ACTIVE |
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Does this help?

Regards

Christopher Clark
    CA Support

• 3.  Re: How to detect users who are logged in via policy manager?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2017 08:11 PM

Dear Clark,

What's the different between last_attempted and last_activity? 

I just guess, last_attempted is for latest attempt of login, and last_activity for last successful login?

BTW, to read the time easier, I change a bit on the SQL statement,

select hex(goid), version, hex(provider_goid), login, fail_count, FROM_UNIXTIME(last_attempted/1000), FROM_UNIXTIME(last_activity/1000), state from logon_info;

Regards,

Mark