Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

• 1.  Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Posted Aug 15, 2017 11:58 AM

Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

I'm using CA API Gateway Policy Manager 9.2.00.

• 2.  Re: Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2017 12:35 PM

The restman service can accept 2 types of authentication either SSL client mutual or HTTP Basic. The error you have present is due to SSL client mutual being used by the certificate is not being presented by the client. You will need to ensure that the signer certificate for the client certificate is in the Manage Certificates list with the Trust Anchor and Signed Client Certificate option checked.

Note: If you are not including an Authorization header, then the response will be "Authentication Required".

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:39 AM

For anyone encountering this using the GMU CLI tool and specifying the username and password options, check to make sure that in the /restman/ service, the "Authenticate against Internal Identity Provider" assertion is enabled.  For some reason when I deployed it, it defaulted to the disabled state.

• 4.  Re: Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:47 PM

It's enabled by default on my gw9.2, what's version of your gateway?

• 5.  Re: Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Posted Feb 28, 2018 07:29 PM

Interesting, I used a 9.2 gateway as well... I will double check my policy revision history to see if that was actually a manual change I didn’t notice. And also try redeploying it again to see how it looks. 

• 6.  Re: Gateway REST Management Service returns a 500 error code with a policy falsified fault string and the message "Error processing management request: An authenticated user is required but not present". However I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this error?

Posted Feb 28, 2018 08:46 PM

Your right, my mistake.  Coincidentally, another dev on my team was messing with /restman/* trying to solve the same issue I was, and had disabled it thinking that would fix it.  Redeploying the service shows everything enabled by default.  All is well