Layer 7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

• 1.  Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 03-09-2016 08:35 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to backup a gateway of a two nodes cluster. They are appliances. I want to do the most possible complete image of the gateway executing this:

$ ./ssgbackup.sh -image gateway.zip -ia

Every time I'm getting this:

Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded.

Failed component: os

os: OS configuration files (appliance CA API Gateways only)

How problematic is getting this? Is there any way I can fix it? Why can be the reason of such fail? There're no problems backuping the other gateway node.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades

• 2.  Re: Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 03-18-2016 12:11 AM

If my memory is right, it should be due to the backup script trying to backup some OS configure files which it has no permission to access.

You can either chmod on those configure files, or do not backup those files -- comment out them in file /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/config/backup/cfg/backup_manifest

(ie. the backup_manifest is the list of OS conf files that trying to backup)

• 3.  Re: Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 03-18-2016 01:22 AM

• 4.  Re: Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 03-23-2016 07:23 PM

You need to check permissions of OS related files from this /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/config/backup/cfg/backup_manifest.

But from my experience in most cases it is snmpd.conf file. So make sure permission of snmpd.conf file is atleast set to 644. Use below command and run backup command again.

chmod 644 /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

Thanks,

Aniket

• 5.  Re: Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 03-31-2016 06:47 AM

Ok. Thanks for answering. I'll try it as quick as possible and will give you an answer. (negia, zhijun.zhang)

Best Regards,

Andrés-J. Cremades

• 6.  Re: Backup of Gateway image partially succeeded

Posted 08-31-2017 04:33 AM

I had the same problem also with API Gateway 9.0. In order to simplify the troubleshooting it's useful to execute the "ssgbackup" script with "-v" parameter (verbose mode).

BR
    Giuseppe