Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Request for APIs on API Portal

Posted Oct 10, 2016 08:23 AM

I would like to know if there is a way through which an organization admin or application developer can request for required API's that they want to consume. So that the API Portal admin can go approve those requests.

• 2.  Re: Request for APIs on API Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2016 03:14 PM

As far as I know there is no mechanism in place for an Org Admin or App Developer to request access to APIs. By default they only have read access to the API Catalog and the API Explorer.

As of today: 

- Applications are assigned to an Organization by the Portal Admin

- Applications are assigned APIs by the Portal Admin

- Developers belong to/register with an Organization, with permission/approval from the Portal Admin

- Developers can use the Applications that belong to their Organization to access the assigned APIs

There may be more other information available; if so I defer to Portal admins with more knowledge.

Cheers,

-case-

• 3.  Re: Request for APIs on API Portal

Posted Dec 29, 2016 12:49 AM

Hi Case Farley

Thanks for the reply, as you said right now there is no option for the Org Admin or App Developer to request for access to an API. But would like to know whether this feature will be coming in the next release atleast as this would be more helpful and easy to handle otherwise it would be of more offline communication that needs to happen.

Regards

Sampath 

• 4.  Re: Request for APIs on API Portal

Posted Jan 06, 2017 12:22 PM

Hi Sampath,

I apologize that it took me so long to get back to you.

I cannot identify specific features that will appear in our next release: there are too many variables, the information is confidential, etc. I can say that the Portal development team is working very hard to improve the UX for admins and devs alike, both in this release and beyond. 

Cheers,

-case-

• 5.  Re: Request for APIs on API Portal

Posted Apr 29, 2017 12:20 PM

Hi Case Farley,

Thank you for the update. I am looking forward for this feature as it would be more developer friendly, easy for developer to raise a request  and also would be a good way of handling. So can you please let me know by when it would be available.

Regards

Sampath