Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  API Portal Documentation

Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:30 AM

In API Portal,even if the WADL <doc> contains xhtml tag(eg- <br>), the line break does not appear in portal documentation .

Is there any way to put line break,list etc in method details for documentation.

• 2.  Re: API Portal Documentation

Posted Feb 06, 2015 11:57 AM

Hi Sonalee,

I have found an open question with Development in our internal system and it is tagged as # ADP-1166. I will give it a nudge and ask Development for feedback on this process. I will try to update you as soon as I have heard back from Development.

May I ask what customer you are representing? I can add it to ADP-1166 to give it a bit more weight. If you care not to say, that is perfectly okay too. Either way, I will report back as soon as I have learned of anything from Development.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, CA Technologies

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - http://www.ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

• 3.  Re: API Portal Documentation

Posted Feb 06, 2015 05:04 PM

Hi again Sonalee,

I have heard back from Development today, and they state that the ability to add line-breaks in a WADL for auto-generated documentation is unfortunately not supported in the current version of the API Developer Portal. This will be considered in a future version, however, and ADP-1166 is now a Feature Request type (was previously filed as a Bug type). It was noted by Development that "the only workaround is to edit the HTML after the document has been generated and, unfortunately, such changes do not persist if the WADL is updated."

I apologize as I'm sure this was not the answer you were hoping for, but this is currently the state of ADP-1166. This will hopefully be included in a future version of the API Development Portal.

If you can (or want to) leave your customer name with me, I can add it to ADP-1166 to give it a bit more weight. Typically when reviewing new feature requests for future product versions, the Product Management team focuses on the areas where the most customers have requested items in addition to all the remaining feature requests which they review on a constant basis for future versions.

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if there is anything further I can expand on for you and I will be happy to do so.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, CA Technologies

Outside of North America - http://www.ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

• 4.  Re: API Portal Documentation

Posted Feb 10, 2015 06:21 AM

Thanks Dustin,i have dropped you a message with the details.

• 5.  Re: API Portal Documentation

Posted Dec 09, 2015 02:18 PM

Hi,

We run into the same issue with API Portal 3.1.  Do you know if this issue has been fixed or when it will be fixed?

Thanks,

Liem

• 6.  Re: API Portal Documentation

Posted Dec 09, 2015 02:58 PM

Hi liemhp,

Just to clarify, there is no "fix" for this yet as this is not actually a bug but rather a feature that has not yet been implemented in the API Developer Portal in a user-friendly manner. With that said though, some more information has presented itself in ADP-1166 since my conversation earlier, so I can now relay the following straight from Engineering:

We provide a stylesheet for the display of the auto-generated documentation here: /resources/documentation/l7autodocs-template.xml

In it, the CDATA element is defined in multiple places, typically as <![CDATA[<textarea style="display:none" etc

A customers designers may be able to redefine the style to support the style they want by modifying l7autodocs-template.xml

In other words, you may be able to redefine the style used in the l7autodocs-template.xml file to suit your environmental needs. It should be noted, however, that this is not technically a supported change and any style edits would be made and supported entirely by your team until a more user-friendly way of adding line-breaks is implemented as a feature in a future version.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi