AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only

UVMS(standard) and External DB migration to new server

• 1.  UVMS(standard) and External DB migration to new server

Posted Jun 18, 2021 07:36 AM

Hello,

We are planning to migrate our existing UVMS and external DB to the new server. I mean both application and DB will be moved to new server. Below are the options we are planning for, will that work? If so, which one is better?

Options 1:

1. Install the UVMS, UVC and Reporter from the scratch on new server.
    2. Create a DB on the new server and connect the UVMS.
    3. Copy the data's from the existing DB to the new DB.(Both UVMS and Reporter DB)
    4. Unregister the nodes from existing UVMS and re-register with the new built UVMS.

In this way I am thinking both the environment will be up and running, not sure will it work or not. If everything works as expected in new environment then later I can proceed for decommission the old server.

Option 2:

1. Install the new UVMS with failover type by using the existing DB. (Current UVMS is installed with standard type)
    2. Test the DB connectivity with offline command.
    3. Stop the existing UVMS(old)
    4. Start the new UVMS.
    5. Will follow the steps as described in this article https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=104540

In this method I am not sure about to move the DUAS which are installed on existing UVMS. We have several nodes and company installed on the existing server and all our job definitions are stored on these nodes.  Also not sure about the proper roll back plan if in case something went wrong after doing the failover installation and removed the UVMS host details.