AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Who deleted a uproc

• 1.  Who deleted a uproc

Posted Jan 27, 2022 09:51 AM
    Hello,

Sorry, I can't seem to find a document or procedure on how I can find out who deleted a uproc in Dollar Universe?  Is there an audit log somewhere I can check?  Can someone kindly assist, and let me know.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Gerry  Muyargas

• 2.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Posted Jan 28, 2022 03:01 AM
    Hello, I believe I found what I was looking for in the $U console.  Please confirm below.  If there are any other options, I appreciate if you would let me know.

I checked the Audit tail purge settings for the node we're searching the uproc deletion, and found that it has been set up to below,

Then I chose the MONITORING mode, and saw the option, below, and found the audit logs.

• 3.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2022 03:42 AM
    Hello Gerry, indeed Audit Trail is the place to look for finding out who deleted or created or modified an Object.
    Just look for your uproc name and you should find it if this was done less than 90 days ago.
    Thanks
    Adrian

• 4.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Posted Jan 31, 2022 10:00 AM
    Thanks Adrian for confirming.

This morning I checked the audit trail again for this node, and somehow, it is only showing up audit log from yesterday, and not all of the other logs (I chose all jobs and all dates) - see screenshot below.  Is there any issue somewhere?  The setting shows 90 days log is kept as I sowed in previous comment.  Please advise further.  Thanks again.

• 5.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2022 10:05 AM
    Hello Gerry, there should be more data in u_fmat60.dta than this...
    what is the size of the file?
    if your node is on version 6.10.x you could use the command uxlst audit and display its content via the command line

else, that would mean that your u_fmat60.dta file has either beein reinitialized or that it's way too big and when you try to display its whole content the uxioserv would allocate a lot of memory and be busy trying to read all the file content.

• 6.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Posted Jan 31, 2022 04:56 PM
    Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply, as I got tied up with a production issue.  We are still V6.7.41 of our node (AIX).  I looked for the file name you mentioned, but somehow it does not exist in the 'data' directory.  Please advise further.  

Thanks again,
    Gerry

• 7.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2022 03:30 AM
    Hello Gerry, the audit trail data file (u_fmat60.dta) exists on each area subfolder of the node, like every other production data file, you have the full list here
    Hence, please look inside the folder data/exp and count how many lines the file has (using wc -l u_fmat60.dta for example).
    Thanks
    Adrian

• 8.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Posted Feb 01, 2022 09:25 AM
    My mistake, thank you Adrian for your time again.  The size is, 1,101,648 bytes, with 778 lines.  Is this too big?  Does this mean it is not being purged? 

Thanks again,
    Gerrt

• 9.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2022 11:21 AM
    Hi Gerry, the file is very very small, just 1MB my friend and only 778 lines.
    It means that there is pretty much almost nothing on it, it is indeed being purged.
    Usually, this file has a size of a couple of hundred MBs, specially if you use command line like "uxpur ctl", "uxdlt evt" or some other commands to create objects/launches like "uxadd fla" or "uxordre".
    Anyhow, if you can't see anything from UVC, means that if there was a record, it must have been already purged.
    Feel free to open a case if you want so that we can take a look at the uxtrace of the node.
    Thanks
    Adrian

• 10.  RE: Who deleted a uproc

Posted Feb 02, 2022 08:53 AM
    Thanks again for your help Adrian.  I will surely open a case because there is nothing showing up on the audit trail for this node, whereas when I compared with other nodes, I see logs there even though the size is a lot lesser that this one.  The purge period is 90 days.

Best regards,
    Gerry