AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Issue when executing Event file watcher job in JOBP

Posted Jan 10, 2020 08:25 PM
    file watcher event throws the below error when it executes using AIX agent

2020-01-10 16:53:33 - U02000102 Error when calling the function 'opendir', error code '12(Not enough space)'.

Space is available in all the Automic file systems on the server where AIX agent was installed. The job is running fine on other servers where AIX agents are installed. what could be the issue?

• 2.  RE: Issue when executing Event file watcher job in JOBP

Posted Jan 11, 2020 08:53 AM
    Hi, 

I might be way off but did some searches for the message you ar4e seeing. IS there any chance you are running into this issue?
    On our AIX systems when we ran Appman instances, and now Linux we override the Java memory to give the agents more. 
    I think we put the statement in the sosite file. Then when you look at the process you see the agent has it.

It might not be related to the file system itself I was wondering.   A lot of times we have see space issues where there was space but got alerts.   One example is sparse files that show taking up gigs, but using kb's.     

I am not sure if I helped, but thought I should give it a try. 

Rich

If you received error=12, Cannot allocate memory or error=12, Not enough space , this means your system ran out of memory or swap space when Java tried to fork a process. ... As an example, when Stash tries to locate git, the Stash JVM process must be forked, approximately doubling the memory required by Stash.
    Nov 2, 2018

• 3.  RE: Issue when executing Event file watcher job in JOBP
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2020 09:23 AM
    Hi 
    I also have a JAVA_HOME in the .bash_profile for the amprod user.  On AIX, I used the .profile.  
    This is how we override the memory. 
    Good luck
    Rich

[root@isifp601 site]# pwd
    /srv/automate/appworx/prod/ammaster/site

[root@isifp601 site]# more sosite | egrep -i 'java'
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_131/jre;export JAVA_HOME
    # JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_231-amd64/jre;export JAVA_HOME
    AX_JAVA_OPTIONS=3072m;export AX_JAVA_OPTIONS

[root@isifp601 site]# ps -ef | egrep amprod | grep 3072
    amprod 6370 1 0 2019 ? 11:35:35 java -DAGENT=AMPROD -Xmx3072m -DAW_HOME=/srv/automate/appworx/prod/ammaster -DOsType=UNIX com.appworx.server.data.AxRmiServer
    amprod 6406 1 0 2019 ? 03:42:04 java -DAgentMgr=AMPROD -DAWCOMM=DISABLE -DSTACK=ENABLED -Xmx3072m -DAW_HOME=/srv/automate/appworx/prod/ammaster -DOsType=UNIX com.appworx.agent.AgentService