AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Issue REST Action Pack - Turn off SSL Certificate Verification

Posted Jun 15, 2020 02:19 PM
    Hi all,

I've installed Automic in a pre-production environment and I'm testing its integrataion with Ansible Tower, using the "Ansible Tower Action Pack" from the Marketplace. The Ansible tower action pack uses the "REST Action Pack"

I'm having an issue in the integration related (I guess so) with the ssl certificate verification, in other developments in python for example, I know how to turn off the ssl certificate verification to overpass this issue, but I don´t know how I can turn off this verification in the REST Action Pack or in any other place in Automic. Could someone help me to do this?

You can see the error report log below, when I'm sending a GET request to the Ansible Tower REST API:

2020-06-15 12:49:08 Authentication type:Basic
    2020-06-15 12:49:08 Request:GET https://ansible_tower_ip_adress/api/v1/jobs/
    2020-06-15 12:49:08 Request headers:{}
    2020-06-15 12:49:08 Sending request...
    2020-06-15 12:49:08
    2020-06-15 12:49:08
    2020-06-15 12:49:08 An error occured - while sending the request
    2020-06-15 12:49:08 javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Thanks in advance!
    Andrés

• 2.  RE: Issue REST Action Pack - Turn off SSL Certificate Verification
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2020 02:32 AM
    First: I don't know how to disable the certificate validation for the action pack.

Anyway: I guess you are working within a company environment. So I would strongly recommend you to motivate people to use signed certificates. Based on what I see above in your output, you're might just missing the certification authority in your CA root store (cacerts). Easiest would be if you access the endpoint with a browser and inspect the used certificate - if it's signed properly with your companys CA authority, you can fix it by registering the CA in your cacerts file. You'll find a few hints here in the forum if you search for the PKIX issue.

... and remember. Everytime you ignore ssl verification a kitten dies.

------------------------------
    Swisscom Automation Engineer & PE Membership Creator

Entfessle mehr Automic Wissen mehr Automic Tools
    https://membership.philippelmer.com/
    ------------------------------