AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Open JDK - APP Manager 9.3 - LDAP error

Posted Feb 06, 2020 12:45 PM
    We are working on updating to using Open JDK. we are using this version:
    openjdk version "11.0.2" 2019-01-15 LTS

we've created the keystore files and I can get that to work. But I cannot login as any user who is using LDAP for authentication. We are getting this error:
    AwE-5008
    LDAP authentication error
    anonymous bind failed: 

Note that until we created the keystore files, we were getting a no cipher suites in common error. The keystore file resolved that issue.

Now we could switch to manual passwords, but I want to get the LDAP authentication to work if possible. The other part of this is that we are moving away from LDAP to Active Directory. So I'm assuming we need that LDAP tab in the master agent to contain values that work with Active Directory. Does anyone have this working?

Our current values look like this:
    Distinguished name (dn):  uid={uid},ou=people,dc=drexel,dc=edu,o=internet
    authentication mechanism: simple

Does anyone have LDAP working with AD?

------------------------------
    Joe Simon
    Drexel University

• 2.  RE: Open JDK - APP Manager 9.3 - LDAP error
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 12, 2020 05:01 PM
    I had a similar problem when upgrading our demo environment.  It's configured to do LDAP authentication against an Oracle DSEE cluster (using ldaps:// and auth: simple).
    To get it working with AM v9.3.1  I had to add the LDAP instance certificates (peer, intermediate and root)  to the $AW_HOME/data/user_keystore file. 
    After bouncing the master, LDAP authentication was working again.

Systems Coordinator
    University of Illinois Chicago

• 3.  RE: Open JDK - APP Manager 9.3 - LDAP error

Posted Sep 30, 2020 05:50 PM
    Joe - 

What did you do to get this working?  I am upgrading to Applications Manager 9.3.2 from 9.1.3. I am getting "LDAP authentication error : anonymous bind failed:" when I try to log into App Mgr.

I have tried to open a support ticket with Broadcom, but am getting a "Grant not available.  Please contact admin." message when I click on Case Management. 

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Tammy

• 4.  RE: Open JDK - APP Manager 9.3 - LDAP error

Posted Oct 01, 2020 02:52 PM
    I'm afraid we were not able to get AD (we are getting away from LDAP) to work. We don't have many users, and so passwords are set manually. Users can reset them, and so I just set a temporary password.