AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  jobsub migrate from AIX to REHL

Posted Nov 22, 2019 03:38 PM
    Hi,
    We currently have Applications Manager 9.2.1 in AIX with an agent in AIX jobsub and an database link to oracle 11g. However, due to lack of support of jobsub in AIX, we have to migrate our jobsub server from AIX to a new REHL server soon.

Shall we need a new or replacement agent for jobsub in a new Red Hat Linux machine?

Does someone have experience before? if so, can you share some tips or advise? Thank you for help!

Regards,

Peter Wen

• 2.  RE: jobsub migrate from AIX to REHL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 02:24 PM

Hi Peter,

I would like to assist but am a little confused of your environment so I am unsure the question you are asking.

It sounds like you have the Applications Manager installed on one AIX server while you have a Remote Agent on a second AIX server. Is this correct?

Is the database remote to one of these AIX server or does it exist on another server?

When you say Jobsub, what do you mean by this? Are you referring to submitting Jobs from the Remote Agent?

If you can elaborate more on your question, I would love to assist in answering any questions you might have concerning this topic.

Regards,
    Phearith Mao

• 3.  RE: jobsub migrate from AIX to REHL

Posted Dec 12, 2019 06:32 PM
    Hi Phearih Mao,

Thank you for reply! Sorry for the confusion. Yes AM is on one AIX machine and a remote agent is on another AIX machine where the Banner Jobsub is located.

The Banner Oracle database is on the same Banner jobsub machine. However, the remote agent is communicating with jobsub, and the AM is communicating with Banner Oracle database via database link and JDBC.

What we are going to do is moving the jobsub into RHEL, but the database and AM will stay in AIX. After migrating the jobsub, we are going to upgrade the database into 12c (currently 11g). The AM version is 9.2.1.

Regards,

Peter Wen      ​

• 4.  RE: jobsub migrate from AIX to REHL
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2019 01:06 PM
    Hi Peter, 
    By jobsub are you talking about Ellucian Banner jobsub? I am not moving from AIX but rather an older version of RHEL. Depending on what you are running with jobsub you may need to replace the agent with one for RHEL. Is your DB moving off of AIX as well?

-Sean

• 5.  RE: jobsub migrate from AIX to REHL

Posted Dec 12, 2019 06:18 PM
    Hi Sean,
    Thank you for replying. Yes, I am talking about Ellucian Banner jobsub. Our current architecture is an agent with jobsub on AIX server. The AM is on a separate AIX server, and the AW database is on the VM box. We have to move the jobsub into RHEL. However, the Banner Oracle database and AW database is staying in AIX machine. Any tip to share?

Regards,

Peter Wen     ​