AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted May 14, 2020 01:03 AM
    Hello,
    We are at UVMS 6.9.21 & DUAS 6.7.41.  Is there a way I can create a user account that can only update uprocs on the DEV environment?  I tried creating a group profile that have Developers permission to X & A environment on DEV nodes, and UVC Designer.  But then it is able to update  uprocs also on all other environments/nodes.  
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Gerry

• 2.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 03, 2020 10:56 AM
    I hope someone would be able to assist me on this.  Thanks all in advance for your help!
    Gerry

• 3.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 08, 2020 07:25 AM
    This sounds like restricting access to just a development node?

What is required is a role with scope applied to that node only. The permissions can be setup using the role default template such as developer.

Once this role is created then it can be added to a group.

Users can be added to this group which will then restrict access​.

• 4.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 08, 2020 06:44 PM
    Thanks a lot for responding back Angus.

Yes, we will only provide to just the development nodes, but should be authorized to update the uproc in UVC.  To do this, I created the developer role for each development node.  Then I created the Group, JDADEV Developer, selecting only the Dev nodes, and have no choice but to add UVC Designer role.  I can update the uprocs on Dev nodes, but somehow, I can also select and update the uprocs on the Production, and Acceptance nodes.  Please advise further.

• 5.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 09, 2020 03:34 AM
    In these steps you  can call the node view, roles etc whatever you wish

1. Make a node view containing only the dev nodes - From nodes - > node views -> new then add the dev nodes to this view (makes things easier going forward
    2. Create a role for dev​ and at the top select the node view you just made as 'scope'
    3. Initilise the role with appropriate permissions such as developer, these canbe fine tuned later if needed
    4. Create a group for developers and add the role you just made to that group
    5. Add users into that group
    The users should now only have permissions on the dev nodes (unless they are also in other groups).

• 6.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 10, 2020 04:51 AM
    Thanks Angus.  
    I tried the above instructions but from the UVC, I can still see the nodes from the drop down list in area X (see below screenshot), and I can still update uprocs on the KTZACN and KTZPRD nodes.

Sorry if I'm not specifying what I really want to see, but as per above, from UVC, is there a way I can authorize the user to see ONLY the DEV nodes on the list?  If not, is there a way I can authorize the user to ONLY update uprocs on DEV, but not in ACN or PRD?

• 7.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2020 05:18 AM

Create  a node view with  a suitable name and populate this with the dev nodes. The when making the role use this in the scope. When the role is applied to a group only those nodes will be visible.

Wen testing use a suitable test user and not a user that has say administrator access as that will mean you can see all nodes.

• 8.  RE: Update UPROCS only on DEV environment

Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:21 AM
    Hi Angus,
    I'm now able to create a user that can only see the Development nodes, and update uprocs, etc. in them.  Thanks very much for all your assistance!
    Best regards.