AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  How New License Works

Posted Aug 22, 2020 12:22 PM
    Hi,

We just upgrade AM (Applications Manage) from 9.2.1 to 9.3.2. Everything is work, but I am confuse how the license works in the version 9.3.2. In the version 9.2.1, I know the license is in the keyfile.ini file. However, the version 9.3.2, it does not use keyfile.ini anymore and replaced by the keystone files. So How the license work in the version 9.3.2? Does someone know?

Regards,

Peter Wen

• 2.  RE: How New License Works

Posted Aug 23, 2020 10:14 AM
    HI Peter, 

I had the same questions when I upgraded from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1. The keyfile.ini file got removed, so did the ojdbc6_signed.jar, and Client.jnlp file.  I opened a ticket to ask about it. I was told Broadcom wants to give us some flexibility with the AM product. I was also told there could be an audit of what I am doing. I was not sure what to make of all this. I always thought we license based on master, and agents. The keyfile would show how many you are allowed. I have tried to create extra remote agents at times in the past, and it would let you know you exceeded your license ability.  That is nice when a vendor trusts us.

Thank you,  Rich

• 3.  RE: How New License Works

Posted Aug 24, 2020 06:45 PM
    Broadcom has similarly relaxed license requirements for the AWA(UC4) product line.   They also have stated that they have plans to implement Telemetry someday; the product will report its usage directly to Broadcom.  But this has not been implemented yet.

------------------------------
    Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA
    ------------------------------