AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  unable inactive agent

Posted May 15, 2020 02:17 PM

I have a master showing an agent status as Srvc_Stopped. After confirmation, the linux team had decommissioned the server physically and there is no way to bring back the agent server. I would like to turn the agent status to inactive.

However, the system prompt me an error:

AwE-50001
    Database Query Error
    Ora-20101: Agent xxxxx must be Offline to change status

When I go to explorer > agents to right click on the agent, the dialog box grey out. I couldn't choose to stop the agent.

I would like to know any alternate solution to inactive the agent.

• 2.  RE: unable inactive agent

Posted May 16, 2020 10:49 AM
    Hi everyone, 
    In the past I have found the Srvc_Stopped state is when I have taken down the agent on the remote system. Once I start it, it returns to a Stopped state if I previously stopped it. or goes to running if you just took it down.

You can try to go to the Object Admin/Administration/Agents screen. Select the agent, and uncheck Active. Then recycle the Master as an extra measure. 

Since the system was decommissioned before you was able to stop/Inactive it, that is all I can suggest. But then if it is not used, why not just Delete the agent from the Master. 

Good luck, and stay well.

Rich

• 3.  RE: unable inactive agent

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2020 04:53 PM
    Edited by Lian Way Foon Jun 18, 2020 05:49 PM
    Hello Lian,

You can refer to the KE article linked below as your issue should apply to the topic of the KE where a Agent gets stuck in Running status. You should only need to run the sql documented in the KE:

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=87697

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
    Phearith Mao

• 4.  RE: unable inactive agent
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2020 11:14 PM

Thanks for the advise but it isn't working.

There are 2 ways I found it might help.

1. restart the master
    2. point the agent setting to another agent server (new.prod.com) (since the original host had dropped and removed physically, let say the host called ori.prod.com). After configure the awenv and sosite, disable the agent. go back to console > agents to change the host back to new.prod.com.... this seems working but required more steps.

maybe there is some steps to remove the agent from the database directly without restart the master services or reconfigure the agent settings.

• 5.  RE: unable inactive agent

Posted Jun 18, 2020 05:50 PM
    Hi, just saw the message. Yes, method 2 would resolve the issue.

• 6.  RE: unable inactive agent

Posted Jun 18, 2020 05:48 PM

It didn't help and I am not allow to bounce the master application.

However, I try to change the agent host name to not usable IP address and save it. I manage to inactive the agent after that.