AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Using wildcard in a job condition in Applications Manager

Posted May 12, 2021 09:52 AM

The problem with that is that there will be more GLBDATA jobs waiting to run so the job with the condition will never run.

B3C18EC9 

SHELLEY TAYLOR 

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

Enterprise Operating Systems

Information Technology  it.okstate.edu

405.744.7748  101 IT Building 

shellmt@okstate.edu 

D2F125F7 

This communication and any accompanying document(s) are or may be confidential. They are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you receive this transmission in error, you are advised that any copying, distributing, or taking of any action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the original message from your system and immediately contact me at the above telephone number or email address.  Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Using wildcard in a job condition in Applications Manager

Posted May 12, 2021 03:44 PM

I added so_status_name = 'RUNNING' so it would only check same name jobs that were currently running, but not sure how to setup the condition.  I have tried a few different ways but none seem to work.

B3C18EC9 

SHELLEY TAYLOR 

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

shellmt@okstate.edu 

D2F125F7 

This communication and any accompanying document(s) are or may be confidential. They are intended for the sole use of the addressee. If you receive this transmission in error, you are advised that any copying, distributing, or taking of any action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please delete the original message from your system and immediately contact me at the above telephone number or email address.  Thank you.

• 3.  RE: Using wildcard in a job condition in Applications Manager

Posted May 13, 2021 03:34 AM
    the subvar you've setup should return Y if there are jobs running, so a condition like the one below if added to your job should prevent it from running unless/until the subvar returns N 

Timing :        Before
    Condition :  User defined
    Test:
                       If {<#name of your subvar>} = N
    Action:
                       WAIT UNTIL MET

Action timing:  Every time condition is true

------------------------------
    Cheers
    Pat
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Using wildcard in a job condition in Applications Manager

Posted May 17, 2021 04:38 PM

Thank you for verifying.  I was trying to test this in our TEST environment which just wasn't working.  I moved it to the production flow and it seems to be working. 

Thank you!

B3C18EC9 

SHELLEY TAYLOR 

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR

shellmt@okstate.edu 

D2F125F7