AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  New Linux Agent Install v9.3 cdinstall errors

Posted Jul 30, 2020 01:39 PM
    Edited by Tania Ortega Jul 30, 2020 01:40 PM
    I'm performing a new Linux Agent v9.3 cdinstall and it keeps on erroring out that "No such file or directory" or "gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file" yet it is the same zip file I used to upgrade the master.

The mount point is new w/50GB space and owned by appworx.

The mount is empty because its a new client.

Do I need to install v9.1.2 or earlier first?

I did create it from the Master AE engine Agents side.

Copying License Files
    SOLARIS.AIX.LINUX.WINDOWS/V9/cdinst.sh[511]: cd: /u01/appworx/web: [No such file or directory]
    SOLARIS.AIX.LINUX.WINDOWS/V9/cdinst.sh[515]: cd: SOLARIS.AIX.LINUX.WINDOWS/V9: [No such file or directory]
    cp: cannot stat 'SOLARIS.AIX.LINUX.WINDOWS/V9/../LICENSES/*': No such file or directory
    linking needed files:
    build.jar...done.
    jre.tar...done.
    apache.tar...done.
    ...done.
    AXUNZIP.JAR...done.
    ...done.
    ...done.
    LB_lxr73.Z...done.
    AWUFILES.zip...done.
    AWFILES.zip...done.
    linking Java files:
    AWjars.zip...done.
    AWutil.zip...done.
    winjre.zip...not found.
    UWHelp.zip...done.
    linking Java Client files:
    Extracting install scripts
    cat LB_lxr73.Z|uncompress|tar xvf - c/gethost c/myzone c/change_awenv c/perl
    cat: LB_lxr73.Z: No such file or directory

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: This does not look like a tar archive
    tar: c/gethost: Not found in archive
    tar: c/myzone: Not found in archive
    tar: c/change_awenv: Not found in archive
    tar: c/perl: Not found in archive
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
    java version "1.8.0_231"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)
    java -jar AxUnzip.jar -v AWFILES.zip data/awinstall.pl data/rainstall.pl data/inst.pl data/timezone_list.dat data/eng.msg
    Error: Unable to access jarfile AxUnzip.jar
    java -jar AxUnzip.jar -v AWUFILES.zip bin/agentinstall bin/rainstall bin/awinstall bin/jinstall.sh bin/apache_i.sh
    Error: Unable to access jarfile AxUnzip.jar
    chmod: cannot access 'bin/agentinstall': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access 'bin/rainstall': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access 'bin/awinstall': No such file or directory
    chmod: cannot access 'bin/jinstall.sh': No such file or directory

• 2.  RE: New Linux Agent Install v9.3 cdinstall errors
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2020 10:29 AM
    Hi Tania, I might be way off but I have some thoughts on this. 

When I do installs/upgrade I have the new upgrade package extracted into a directory like /software/source/appworx/V9.3.1
    I use the same package for the master, and agents.  For the RA I have a directory tree like /software/source/appworx/RA_V4.0.0
    When I upgrade the master, I do a "chown -R V9.3.1 AM***" command to change all files, and directories to be the user that runs the master. 
    When I upgrade the remote agents I have to do the same again. You want the master, or remote agent user to be able to read the files.
    When I worked on the next instance/master I do the same. 

You can even su as the user it runs under say user amtest.   Do command  "find V9.3.1 -ls | egrep -v amtest" You should not see any hits. 
    Meaning all files are owned by the user you run the master, or remote agent under.   

When you perform the cdinst you get the menu. Make sure all the values are correct if doing an upgrade. If a new release you need to 
    fill them all in.. Have the location of the new ojdbc.jar file you will get prompted for that. 

Good luck 

Rich 

• 3.  RE: New Linux Agent Install v9.3 cdinstall errors

Posted Aug 16, 2020 11:34 PM
    Hi Tania,
          I will go with what Rich said, the error you reported seems to be related to permissions on objects. Your AM install user doesn't have permission to access files/folders reported on errors.
          Revisit folder/file ownership/permissions which should point to AM install user and group.
    -Vinod
           <gdiv></gdiv>

------------------------------
    Vinod Reddy
    Ellucian
    India
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: New Linux Agent Install v9.3 cdinstall errors

Posted Aug 17, 2020 08:38 AM
    Hi everyone, 

I believe in the install guide it also mentions making sure you have execute authority on the cdinst script.  I know in my notes I have to change all of the directories, and files under V9.3.1 source directory. For each master, or remote agent I upgrade I first change the ownerships to the user the master, or remote agent runs under. Hopefully you have sudo authority to each of these users for when you run the installs or upgrades.
    Then as the specific user you run the upgrade. After I do an upgrade I do a find command across the directory tree to make sure all files nad directories are owned by that user.  In my environment I do change some of the directories to have world, or the set group bit turns on. 
    Like the output directory, exports, imports, and others. 

Thank you

Rich