AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  OpenJDK and Banner Agent 4.0

Posted Oct 28, 2019 01:45 PM
    I'm wondering if others are using OpenJDK with Application Manager and the Banner Agent.  If so what version are you using?
    We recently upgraded Application Manager for 9.0 to 9.3. We're using OpenJDK 8 and that works just fine.
    The Banner Agent was version 3.6.1 and the capture is giving an error since we upgraded Application Manager.  Apparently the solution for this is to update the Banner Agent to Version 4.0.  Unfortunately this version won't start and we were told the version of OpenJDK might be the issue.  

• 2.  RE: OpenJDK and Banner Agent 4.0
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2019 05:05 PM
    We only use the AM agent but use JDK 11.0.2 w/o issue

Cliff

------------------------------
    Sr. Systems Manager
    SC State Federal Credit Union
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: OpenJDK and Banner Agent 4.0

Posted Jan 09, 2020 03:49 PM
    It turns out that if I do the Banner Agent update from a local jar file it works.  If the jar file is in a network folder it appears to update but the Banner Agent won't start.

• 4.  RE: OpenJDK and Banner Agent 4.0

Posted Jan 10, 2020 07:44 AM
    Hi everyone, We recently upgraded two of our systems from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1. Only production is left to do next month. We are using Oracle Java 8 231. We did research the Banner agents since we us them. With V9.3.1 it says you need to be on V4.0.0. WE selected the newest V4.0.0 HF1. The Java for V9.3.1 shows Oracle Java 8, and also OpenJDK 11.2 I believe and there is hints in the docs.  I had opened a case to cask about OpenJDK support for the Banner agent which only showed Oracle Java 8. I was told you can use any Java supported by the Master agent. 

I thought about switching to OpenJDK, but are still using Oracle Java.  We are a Oracle shop for our databases.  

The think about Java now is there is certain releases which now require you to have the user_keystore files in place when you upgrade. There is information in the Installation Guide for V9.3 about it.   It took me a while to get the RunClien.jar Client files figured out, and the keystores. When you use Oracle Java 8 201 ir higher you run into this, and also on your client PC the same thing. In the java.security file they have anon, and NULL excluded in the cyhpers now. By removing those values I got it to work for people on the PC's.   I installed OpenJDK 11 on my PC, and still needed these to connect to the host. 

Good luck.  If I can help let me know. 

Thank you, 
    RIch