AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Comparing AM to AWA

Posted Jul 15, 2020 07:49 AM
    Edited by Rick Murray Jul 15, 2020 08:20 AM

We have been a AWA client for around 12 years, and due to a core conversion it is being recommended that we convert from AWA to AM.  I was hoping that Broadcom would have some doc showing the benefits of AWA over AM, but I have been unable to locate anything. 

Since I have never really seen AM in action, I am not sure of it's limitations compared to AWA.

If anyone knows of a document comparing the two sides, please let me know.  It would be greatly appreciated.

Wondering if I should have posted this on the AWA board

------------------------------
    Sr. Data Coordinator
    Service Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Comparing AM to AWA

Posted Jul 20, 2020 05:47 PM
    Have you tried contacting your Broadcom sales rep?

We migrated from Appworx to UC4 in 2012.  My understanding at the time was that Appworx was a dying product and they were going to put all of their future development efforts into UC4.  However Appworx seems to still be fully supported today.  We also referenced Gartner for product recommendations, and they identified UC4 as one of the premier scheduling products.  So it felt like the better long term strategy to choose UC4.  Of course the product has changed hands several times recently too, which always makes one uncomfortable.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: Comparing AM to AWA
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2020 05:54 PM
    According to this diagram, AM/9.3 is supported to 03/2023.  UC4/12.3 is supported to 06/2023.  So they both have similar questions about what the future might bring. 

https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/product_support_lifecycle

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA