AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Appworx on Mac

Posted Jun 19, 2020 07:47 AM
    All,
    I’m trying to run the Appworx client on my mac but I get this error message….Any ideas what I’m missing???

java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address (Bind failed)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
    at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:387)
    at java.net.Socket.bind(Socket.java:644)
    at sun.security.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.bind(BaseSSLSocketImpl.java:124)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.bind(SSLSocketImpl.java:65)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:473)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocketFactoryImpl.java:153)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.util.ClientSocketManager.A(ClientSocketManager.java:250)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.util.ClientSocketManager.connect(ClientSocketManager.java:315)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.util.Loader.setMaster(Loader.java:936)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.logon.C.ń(Logon.java:230)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.main.AxMain.A(AxMain.java:2251)
    at com.appworx.client.screen.main.AxMain.main(AxMain.java:2864)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

David Gin
    Application Support Engineer
    Ivy Tech Community College
    dgin@ivytech.edu
    317-916-7575 (work)

• 2.  RE: Appworx on Mac
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 20, 2020 10:48 AM
    Hi David,, It is mostly likely due to the fact is cannot find the user_keystore files. Normally on windows it looks in
    C:\Users\<user name>\Appworx\<instance>
    On a MAC I am not sure of the comparable. See the posting from Paul Coleman that sent us this information.
    On Windows it is "Appworx" , ".Appworx" is used for various dat files. But on MAac who knows. Give it a try, 
    and let us know how it worked. 

Thank you, 
    Rich

Got it to work all the way through!  

I found that there was a hidden directory in my user home called .AppWorx

If you don't find that there, then I'd suggest making it.

I copied the user_keystore and user_keystore_config into /Users/pcoleman/.Appworx and it now works.

I'd think that on Linux, it will be the same...whatever your user home is and then that .Appworx directory.

• 3.  RE: Appworx on Mac

Posted Jun 22, 2020 09:21 AM
    Hi David, 
    I think you are right about V9.2.2 not having the requirement for the user_keystores.  This might of come about in V9.3.+. 

Once of the things I need to mention is we upgraded from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1 We had to figure out the new client, user_keystores. 

One of the things I know we hit even at V9.1.1 is the newer Oracle Java levels affected us. We had users install a Java level 
    higher that 1.8.0_201 I believe, and they started to get socket errors, handshake issues. Seems in 201 and higher they added 
    anon, and NULL to the cyphers exclusions. The solution was to have the users remove these from the java.security file for the 
    java they  are using. We didn't hit this on the Linux host because we were still using below 201. 

Once we installed 201 or higher on the Linux hosts this started. We had to keep below 201 until we could get V9.3.1 going. 

I wonder if you should try using an older Java to test this. On the host, and your PC/MAC. I am just winging it. 
    Look at the java.security file for the java you are using. Remove anon, and NULL from the 
    jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms    statement.     This is how we fixed it while still on V9.1.1.

We also had issues with the java.security /dev/random setting. The JAva api would hang, and we changed it to /dev/urandom
    which fixed it. 

https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8211883

https://www.java.com/en/configure_crypto.html

Good luck

Rich