AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Dollar Universe SQL manager & AD accounts

Posted Nov 05, 2019 09:54 AM
    Hi,

Is there any way to use Windows Active Directory account when using Dollar Universe SQL manager to submit and schedule jobs.

I already tried to add "Integrated Security=SSPI" to advanced connection parameters, changed DU services to run with the service account and nothing seems to help.

Is SQL account the only supported type currently?
    Is there any workarounds to bypass the restriction?
    Are there plans to add support for Windows AD accounts also?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Dollar Universe SQL manager & AD accounts
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 05, 2019 10:59 AM
    ​The manager used to use Windows AD accounts but this was changed in early version 6 so that SQL authentication was used instead which allowed $U to connect to may instances from 1 server using different connections. (The JEE engine and service could only run for a single AD account). Can see why it would be good to have AD authentication if that is only allowed in your SQL deployments however SQL should be able to support both methods.

The $U SQL account would generally run for privilege on SQL but not necessarily on windows. This means that a single user does not have both widows admin and SQL admin and could be destructive on both the server and DB.

For a technical reason why AD not authenticated however think this is one for support.

• 3.  RE: Dollar Universe SQL manager & AD accounts

Posted Nov 06, 2019 08:26 AM
    Thanks for the answer.

I checked old version documents and Windows authentication was removed in 6.4 when the manager was changed a lot. I didn't remember that.
    I think I'll contact support to ask more about this feature.