AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Application Manager 9.3.1 with Banner Agent unstable

Posted Feb 13, 2020 01:38 PM
    I have had user reports that since we upgraded to Application Manager 9.3.1 from 9.2.2 that they have been having issues with the application freezing, crashing, and being non-responsive when they are viewing long process flows.  They have also reported that when they attempt to import job parameters in the Banner tab, that it will frequently pull blanks.  I checked the version of the Banner Agent we have, and it is BannerAgent 3.6.1+build.1, which I believe is the latest.  I was concerned that our BannerAgent may not have been upgraded and was not compatible with AM 9.3.1.  I tried searching the knowledge base for 9.3.1 issues, and found very little, and nothing that was helpful.  Any ideas of what I should look at to figure out how to get this fixed?

I also get errors like this "ErrorMsg: AwE-5102 Agent error (2/11/20 5:30 AM)", but I was getting similar errors in AM 9.2.2.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Application Manager 9.3.1 with Banner Agent unstable

Posted Feb 13, 2020 01:49 PM
    We are using Banner Agent 4.0.0+hf1.build.361 with 9.3.0.

------------------------------
    Computer Programmer/Analyst
    Montana State Universityy
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Application Manager 9.3.1 with Banner Agent unstable
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2020 07:47 AM
    Hi everyone, I think the problem might be related to you running V9.3.1 with Rapid Automation V3.6.1. IF you look at the compatibility document for V9.3.1 you see the supported components like RA Banner Agent 4.0.0. If you look at the compatibility document for the RA Banner Agent V3.6.1 is not supported with AM V9.3.1. Then look at the document for V4.0.0 RA and you see AM V9.3.0+ listed. 

We were V9.1.1 using Banner Agent V3.6.1. When I upgraded two of my instances to V9.3.1 I had to upgrade the Banner Agent to V4.0.0 HF1. What I found interesting is there is a Web, and NoWeb component. I was told by support, I need the NoWeb download. 

I hope this helps. We are going to upgrade my production instance on 2/23.  Upgrading the RA is not bad, it's just loading the new jar. But what I did find out in the past is it could change things. Once I upgraded from 3.5.2 to 3.6.1 and it changed the jdbc logins to use service name versus  SID. I had to fix some things. Sometimes you have to modify your Banner/<instance>  working set files for an upgrade. With V3.6.1 we had to make changes to for instance our bantest.env file adding a new parameter. When you load the new jar, and start the agent look at the time stamps of the file, and something you see a new file added. 

Rich

• 4.  RE: Application Manager 9.3.1 with Banner Agent unstable

Posted Feb 14, 2020 12:31 PM
    Thank you for the information Rich, especially for the potential gotchas.