AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Oct 30, 2019 11:07 AM
    We are trying to set up Version Control, first testing in our DEV environment.
    I feel that the error message below tells us something is not set up right in our environment to begin with, but I cannot find any discussions or similar errors in any related threads.

We set up a Git repository on a dedicated server as opposed to having a repo hosted through something like Bitbucket.
    Even when I tested with an external repo, I still saw the same error. It seems like the request isn't even being registered because the application doesn't even take the time to 'thing'. It simply displays the error below every time.

The REMOTE_REPOSITORY_URL and REPOSITORY_SSH_DIR variables are set in both UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS and UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS. I have tried a variation of formats, but as stated earlier, it appears the application hits the error before attempting the call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[HTTP 400] (45234) The repository cannot be reached with the provided URL and SSH Information: No detail information available.
    com.uc4.ecc.backends.exceptions.AutomationEngineAPIException
    com.uc4.ecc.backends.impl.dataservice.request.RequestService.sendAndWait(RequestService.java:74) com.uc4.ecc.backends.dataservice.request.IRequestService$pbryglu.sendAndWait(Unknown Source) com.uc4.ecc.ae.repository.dataservice.impl.RepositoryService.doesRepositoryExist(RepositoryService.java:56) com.uc4.ecc.ae.repository.view.RepositoryFolderTreeNavigationEntryPresenter.lambda$load$49(RepositoryFolderTreeNavigationEntryPresenter.java:37) com.uc4.ecc.framework.commons.controls.asyncwidget.AsyncLoadingContainer.lambda$createRequestCoordinator$27(AsyncLoadingContainer.java:354) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.NoArgsLoaderWrapper.load(NoArgsLoaderWrapper.java:16) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.NoArgsLoaderWrapper.load(NoArgsLoaderWrapper.java:7) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.BaseRequestCoordinator$1$1.call(BaseRequestCoordinator.java:226) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.pool.ContextAwareExecutorService$CallableImplementation.call(ContextAwareExecutorService.java:72) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    [HTTP 400] (45234) The repository cannot be reached with the provided URL and SSH Information: No detail information available.
    com.uc4.api.rest.exceptions.BadRequestException
    com.uc4.api.rest.common.requests.RestJsonRequest.handleDefaultErrors(RestJsonRequest.java:74) com.uc4.api.rest.common.requests.RestJsonRequest.handleErrorResponse(RestJsonRequest.java:59) com.uc4.ecc.ae.repository.dataservice.requests.DoesRepositoryExistRequest.handleErrorResponse(DoesRepositoryExistRequest.java:31) com.uc4.api.rest.common.requests.RestRequest.handleResponse(RestRequest.java:36) com.uc4.api.rest.connection.RestConnection.sendRestRequestAndWait(RestConnection.java:135) com.uc4.api.rest.connection.RestConnection.sendRequestWithAuthAndWait(RestConnection.java:98) com.uc4.ecc.backends.impl.dataservice.request.RequestService.sendAndWait(RequestService.java:72) com.uc4.ecc.backends.dataservice.request.IRequestService$pbryglu.sendAndWait(Unknown Source) com.uc4.ecc.ae.repository.dataservice.impl.RepositoryService.doesRepositoryExist(RepositoryService.java:56) com.uc4.ecc.ae.repository.view.RepositoryFolderTreeNavigationEntryPresenter.lambda$load$49(RepositoryFolderTreeNavigationEntryPresenter.java:37) com.uc4.ecc.framework.commons.controls.asyncwidget.AsyncLoadingContainer.lambda$createRequestCoordinator$27(AsyncLoadingContainer.java:354) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.NoArgsLoaderWrapper.load(NoArgsLoaderWrapper.java:16) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.NoArgsLoaderWrapper.load(NoArgsLoaderWrapper.java:7) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.async.BaseRequestCoordinator$1$1.call(BaseRequestCoordinator.java:226) com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.pool.ContextAwareExecutorService$CallableImplementation.call(ContextAwareExecutorService.java:72) java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Oct 31, 2019 04:10 AM
    Dear Johanna, 

can you call the URL from the engine server with another tool like wget? This way you can find out if there's any routing or firewall problem.
    Also: does git require username/password or a certificate and is that set up as well in your environment?

Unfortunately, we  have not set up version control on a client like Automic provides, so I cannot help you with the parameters.

------------------------------
    Regards, Nicole

• 3.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Oct 31, 2019 04:30 AM
    Hi Johanna,
    Here are a few things you can check:
    • REMOTE_REPOSITORY_URL needs to be in an SSH URL format (user@server.tld:path/to/dir)
    • REPOSITORY_SSH_DIR is a local directory on all(!) Automation Engine nodes.
      In this SSH-dir, you should have the SSH key files for the remote user + the known_hosts file that contains the host key of the remote server.
    • The remote server must be accessible via SSH (port 22) from all Automation Engine servers
    Testing the SSH remote connection manually as Nicole suggested is a good idea!

Cheers, Philipp

Philipp Elmer
    Enabling Automic Knowledge
    https://philippelmer.com

• 4.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Feb 17, 2020 04:45 PM
    Hello, I work with Johanna and was going to add some info to see if there is any additional assistance we can get.

I have attached an image of our Client 0 Settings.

We can connect to the SSH instance on PAUTOGIT01.

• 5.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Feb 18, 2020 12:08 PM

Hi,

as far as I know it's not possible to connect Client 0 to a repository branch.
    So the REMOTE_REPOSITORY_URL needs to be put inside UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS on the client you want to connect to the repo.

Philipp Elmer
    Become a member!
    https://membership.philippelmer.com

• 6.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Feb 18, 2020 12:18 PM
    Hi Philipp,

We are actually trying to connect Client 200 (DEV) to the repository branch.
    The settings in 200 are the same as in 0. I was under the impression similar settings need to be placed in UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS in Client 0.
    Is this not true? If there was any documentation regarding the setup of a repository or even some examples of previously set up local repositories (not Github), that would be most helpful. The little documentation available does not describe the set up and any open source help typically focuses on Linux flavors and we are running on Windows Servers.

Best,
    Johanna

• 7.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:27 AM

Hi Johanna,
    I use bitbucket for the remote repo.
    My engine also runs on Windows.

The setup steps I use are:
    * Create new empty bitbucket repo
    * setup REMOTE_REPOSITORY_URL in UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS on my Client (e.g. 200)
    * setup REPOSITORY_SSH_DIR in UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS
    * import the SSH-keys into the dir on the servers.
    * make sure that known_hosts file with bitbucket host key also exists in the same SSH-directory (this is easily missed!)
    * logout & login again to Client (e.g. 200)
    * go to "Version Control" in "Process Assembly" and hit "Create New Banch"

Error-handling:
    In case any error happens, you will find the detailed error message in the JCP logfile(s).

hth, Philipp

Philipp Elmer
    Become a member!
    https://membership.philippelmer.com

• 8.  RE: Version Control - AE 12.2.1

Posted Feb 26, 2020 06:34 AM
    Hi all,

I had issues with 12.2.x using GIT integration as well. Since version 12.3.x I did not face any issues regarding that.
    As Philipp described it should work right away using 12.3.x.
    Regards

Christian