AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  best practice On DollarUniverse

Posted Jul 30, 2019 11:29 AM

I need your advice of how is the best practice to used Dollar Universe .

At this moment we have an application that has 4 environments : DEV. TST , UAT and PROD. 

As i know we have two possibilities of working :

1. Install Univiewer management+console on each server (we need different license -->  4 ) and connect Dollar Universe (one single license ) .

2. Install one single Univiewer management+console (on a separate server) and connect 4 Dollar Universe nodes (4 license) .

Could you please let me know what will be the best practice ?

Thank you,
    Paula

------------------------------
    Application Administrator
    Ubisoft

• 2.  RE: best practice On DollarUniverse

Posted Jul 30, 2019 11:37 AM
    Hi Paula,

In our estate we have approx. 100 or so $U installations managed from 1 UVMS (univiewer management server - 2 if you count the failover UVMS server). What we do have though is our UVMS installed on a node with $U on there, however I would recommend that you have a separate node for your UVMS just to keep everything separate. That way if you need to restart a server you are only restarting a server with either UVMS or a $U installed, not both. You may also wish to have a second instance of UVMS installed/configured so that you can failover UVMS should you need an outages/maint window on the server where UVMS is hosted. ​Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: best practice On DollarUniverse

Posted Jul 31, 2019 08:51 AM
    Thank you for your answer!

Also regarding the license price, how it is more advantage : multiple UVMS license and a single $U, or one UVMS and multiple $U licenses?

Thank you,
    Paula

Application Administrator
    Ubisoft