AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Permission issue in appworx 9.3

Posted Dec 16, 2019 03:46 AM
    Edited by RejeshAppukuttan613170 Dec 17, 2019 05:27 AM

Hi All,

I was using Appworx 9.1 version(OS type: Solaris) earlier and was able to export and import files with permission 755. Now I have upgraded to Appworx 9.3.1 version(OS Type: Linux) and have 755 permission to folders in server but I'm not able to export or import the files with the same permission.
    Full permission of 777 is working and I'm able to export and import. But need a solution why I'm not able to import or export with 755 permission in the new Linux appworx 9.3 version.
    Please suggest how we can resolve this issue.

• 2.  RE: Permission issue in appworx 9.3
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2020 03:00 PM
    Hi everyone, I was looking this over thinking I could add to it but I might be way off. We have 3 instances, a upgd, test, and prod. The upgd instance runs as this user:group  amupgd:automate, test amtest:automate, and prod amprod:automate.  Because we have users outside of the automation team that need to access the export/import directories they are owned by a different group (Gapmx) which application people are part of.  isifp601 is prod, isift601 is test. 

Our prod system is at V911,  test and upgd V931. 

[root@isifp601 ammaster]# ls -la | egrep 'export|import'
    drwxrws---. 2 amprod Gapmx 65536 Jan 8 06:08 export
    drwxrws---. 2 amprod Gapmx 8192 Jan 7 13:01 import

[root@isift601 ammaster]# ls -la | egrep 'export|import'
    drwxrws---. 2 amtest Gapmx 8192 Jan 7 13:00 export
    drwxrws---. 2 amtest Gapmx 8192 Jan 7 13:00 import

On our Appman systems I changed the umask for the amupgd, amtest, amprod users so we do not open it up to world. I made the umask 007. With a umask of 007 directories are created as 770 (rwxrwx) no world, and files 660 (rwrw) to user, and group no world access.  I have this the same across the instances for Appman. 

For consistency I have the different users known to all of my Appman systems, and so is the automate group. If you perform an id command to amupgd, amtest, amprod it shows the same on all these systems. 

I would be thinking if you exported from prod, and imported to test you might have to review the users the files, and directories are owned by. And also issue a umask command to see what this is. 

This is all that comes to mind. 

Thank you, 

Rich

[root@isift601 export]# umask
    [root@isift601 export]# su - amtest
    The Oracle base has been set to /u01/app/oracle
    Adding bin directory to Path
    Adding exec directory to Path
    [amtest@isift601 ~]$ umask

[root@isifp601 ammaster]# umask
    [root@isifp601 ammaster]# su - amprod
    The Oracle base has been set to /u01/app/oracle