AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Java for ApplicationsManager v9.3.1

Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:11 AM
    anyone have any advice on whether there is any benefit (..or issue ? ) in using the server JRE for the master and remote agent installs rather than the standard JRE install ?

..and any issues in general using the latest version Java SE 8u231

------------------------------
    Regards
    Pat
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Java for ApplicationsManager v9.3.1
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 31, 2019 03:54 PM

Hi Pat,  I am catching up on emails and saw this. I can related to this since we are currently using Oracle Java 8 231 on my upgd, and test instances. On Jan 12 we are upgrading it from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1.  I add a JAVA_HOME to the .bash_profile for the user the Appman instance runs under. I do the same for the Banner jobsub remote agents, and other agents we have. So to test this I su as the user the master, or remote agent runs under. Then issue the  "env | egrep -i ;java' command to see it. We also add more memory to the agent by adding another statement to the sosite I believe.  I am logged out for the day but this is what we do.  We used to install the Java as part of the installation, and the apache, but switched to using a much newer Apache, and our own Java.

Be careful with using java 8 201 and higher. You run into the issues with needing the user_keystore files on the host, and PC.  I went through a lot of learning with this all when I used a lower level Java on the host, and PC. If you use a newer Java 8 on your PC you trigger the problem. The anon, and NULL were added to an exclusion in the java.security file. There is a workaround knowledge article on this to review.  I did this for the user who upgraded there PC java, and it works. 

have a nice new year day. 

Rich