AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c

Posted Dec 10, 2019 05:09 PM
    Is anyone using Oracle 19c as the database repository for Applications Manager 9.3.1?
    I have checked the compatibility matrix to see if Oracle database 19c is supported with Applications Manager 9.3.1 and it is not listed (only up to 18). Automic Download Center - Compatibility Matrix

The following document makes reference to 19c (about half way down the page) which makes me think I can't be the first. I need to upgrade off of 12.2 and would like to just skip 18c if possible.  https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/AM/latest/All%20Guides/help_en.htm#AM_Install_Guide/Creating_the_Database_Account.htm%3FTocPath%3DInstallation%2520Guide%7CApplications%2520Manager%2520Installation%2520for%2520UNIX%2520and%2520Windows%7C_____3

Anyone have any insight on this topic they can share with me? Time frame for adding support perhaps?

-Sean Carlson

• 2.  RE: Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c

Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:26 PM
    I have had the same question since August 2019.
    There is another question in this community from October 2019 "19c?" with the following reply:
    Posted 10-10-2019 06:42 AM
    Hi Tim,
    Oracle 19c is a stability and performance upgrade for the 12c/18c family. The version number 19 comes from Oracles new versioning policy which does not differentiate between main releases or service packs, but simply uses the year of the release for the version number.
    We already declared compatibility with V12c and 18c.
    We are working on declaring the compatibility with 19c - we also need to upgrade and test some systems which just takes a bit of time.
    Hoping for an update in the next couple of weeks.
    David
    ------------------------------
    Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company
    Has anyone had an update since October?

DBA / Sr Enterprise Applications Administrator
    Franklin & Marshall College

• 3.  RE: Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c

Posted Jan 14, 2020 09:54 AM
    Prompting for another update from the vendor. Is 19c compatibility testing still moving forward? I'm looking to plan a database upgrade (12cR1 to 19c) this year but I would prefer not to have to do two (12cR1 to 18c to 19c).

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Christopher Jacobs
    Director of Data Resources
    Enterprise Development & Application Support, OIT
    The University of Alabama

• 4.  RE: Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2020 01:03 PM
    We license AppMgr via Ellucian.  I had Ellucian back-channel with their "partner" and got the following response from Elluican.

"This is currently being tested and is tentatively planned for a release with 9.3.2, please note testing is not complete. 9.3.2 is currently planned for March 2020."

DBA / Sr Enterprise Applications Administrator
    Franklin & Marshall College

• 5.  RE: Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c

Posted Jan 14, 2020 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the update. We license it via Ellucian as well. I will keep an eye out for the release of 9.3.2. Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Applications Manager 9.3.1 and database Oracle 19c

Posted Jan 15, 2020 09:44 AM
    That's encouraging! Thanks for sharing Heidi!