AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Dollar Universe logging question: Origin of *_job files created in $UXDIN directory

Posted Nov 26, 2019 10:53 AM
    Hello all,

I have recently noticed files that are bigger and bigger in $UXDIN directory of a windows Integration node ($U version 6;0.*).

These file seem to contain lanch parameters and read like this:

[{"ident":{"task":{"name":"SJSEM00010","label":"batch-atosxerox-launcher","mu":"SV0264"},"parent_task":{"name":"SJSEM00010","label":"batch-atosxerox-launcher","mu":"SV0264"},"session":{"name":"SJSEM00010","version":"001"},"uproc":{"name":"SJSEM0001D","version":"001"},"node_origin":"SV0264.","numordart_se":1},"exec":

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what can generate these files ?
    I have been looking for pieces of information in the official documentation, in the node parameters, U_ANTE |U_POST_UPROC files  to no avail

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Toni

• 2.  RE: Dollar Universe logging question: Origin of *_job files created in $UXDIN directory

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 09, 2019 12:16 PM
    Hello Toni,
    those files are created by the fact that there is a  Dollar Universe Explorer declared on your UVMS.
    By default, the nodes will try to send information to Dollar Universe Explorer upon job execution, in case DUX is not reachable, they will write those into this DATE_job files.
    You can delete them whenever you want to, they are not necessary.
    Cheers,
    Adrian

• 3.  RE: Dollar Universe logging question: Origin of *_job files created in $UXDIN directory

Posted Dec 10, 2019 03:41 AM
    Hello Adrian,

Thanks a lot for your answer. We do have a $U Explorer declared in UVMS but it is not even started. It has been installed few months ago, but was never started

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Dollar Universe logging question: Origin of *_job files created in $UXDIN directory
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2019 07:12 AM
    Hi Toni, that is exactly why the node creates this file containing all executions each day.
    If you are not using DUX anymore, I would suggest you to uninstall it so that these files do not get created anymore.
    For the time being, launch a maintenance uproc on all your servers to remove the files *_job inside each data/area folder like the following:

rm -rf $UXDEX/*_job
    rm -rf $UXDIN/*_job 
    rm -rf $UXDSI/*_job 
    rm -rf $UXDAP/*_job