AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Application Manager v9 with Oracle RAC

Posted Mar 06, 2020 06:41 PM

Has anyone used an oracle rac database with application manager v9.  When we try to point our environment to the rac instance we are getting error when we try to start the Automation Engine.

These are the steps we took to change the database.

Change TNS entry to point to new database.
    Run cdinst.sh to change java to database by changing the server and service name, giving it the correct password when prompted.
    The upgrade/install steps run correctly.

When we run startso all we get an error.

We've used these steps to move the database on multiple single instance oracle databases in the past.

Thanks,
    Joe

• 2.  RE: Application Manager v9 with Oracle RAC
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 10, 2020 10:34 AM
    Hi Joe,
    I've been using Oracle RAC with Applications Manager for a number of years (currently 12c until support for 19c is released). The AM product is poorly designed to work with RAC, so it doesn't act like a normal "RAC enabled" product. Essentially you need to focus the application stack to one node when bringing the product up. 

During the install, I reference the Scan Listener address for "Oracle Instance IP or Hostname" and the "Oracle Listener Port"=1533 (in my case)

In the sosite file I export TWO_TASK=Service Name.

In the awenv.ini I set the following:
    DB_IP=scan listener address
    DB_PORT=1533
    DB_SERVICE=service name

In ~/web/classes/Options.properties:
    OracleRAC= (DESCRIPTION = (ENABLE=BROKEN)(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = host1) (PORT = 1541)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = host2) (PORT = 1541)) (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = host3) (PORT = 1541)) (LOAD_BALANCE = OFF) (FAILOVER = ON) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = service name) ) )

With these pieces in place, you will start AM in node1, if it fails it will move to node2 , etc.

If you do any AM DB variable queries, etc. it will hit the scan listener for any available node. 

HTH,
    Scott

• 3.  RE: Application Manager v9 with Oracle RAC

Posted Mar 10, 2020 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the answer Scott, I'll point the application to one of the Nodes and ignore the RAC/HA functionality of the new db cluster.

• 4.  RE: Application Manager v9 with Oracle RAC

Posted Mar 11, 2020 06:17 PM
    I'm not sure where you would put that OracleRAC= entry into the Options.properties file.  We dropped it into the file, but we are still hanging on the start.

These are the steps we did.

Change TNS entry to point to new DB using Service Name as the NET Service Name. The TNS file points to the scan server URL.
    Change the TWO_TASK variable to point to the Service Name.
    Run the install and it changes DB_IP to scan server URL and DB_SERVICE to the Service Name

There is an entry in our awenv.ini file in the default location called DB_SID that is not being updated and points to the old SID or our application (We've tried both deleting this line and changing it to the SID of one of our nodes without any luck)

Thanks,
    Joe

• 5.  RE: Application Manager v9 with Oracle RAC

Posted Mar 11, 2020 07:08 PM
    I think I found the guide on my server.  I'll try to follow this 

Configuring_Applications_Manager_for_Oracle_RAC.htm

Joe