AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Default for new posts is now ‘Question’ instead of ‘Discussion’

• 1.  Default for new posts is now ‘Question’ instead of ‘Discussion’

Posted Feb 05, 2018 08:47 AM
    I noticed that the default format for new forum posts is now Question instead of Discussion. What was the reason for this change? I would like to request that the default be changed back to discussion, or that separate buttons be displayed for discussion, question, and poll.

For what it’s worth, my dislike for the question format quite is based on the following observations:
    • If one posts a thread as a question, one is constantly hounded to mark at least one answer as the correct one.
    • Onevery comment in the thread, a prompt asking “Did this answer the question?” appears.
    • If a comment is marked as the correct answer by mistake, or if it is found to be incorrect, or if a better answer is later provided, there no way tounmarkit as a correct answer.
    • Many threads either start out asquestions but quickly evolve beyond the original topics, or are started asquestionsby mistake. There is no way for the thread originator to mark such threadsdiscussionsafter they have been started.
    I would prefer a more general feature, available on all discussion threads, whereby the originator of the thread or a moderator can promote individual comments, raising their visibility in the thread.

• 2.  Default for new posts is now ‘Question’ instead of ‘Discussion’

Posted Feb 06, 2018 06:31 AM
    Hi Michael_Lowry

Thanks for mentioning this.
    This is in preparation to the integration of Automic into CA Processes & Tools.

Best Regards
    Daniel Hausdorf