AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Need to decommision a Job in Appworx v8

Posted Nov 26, 2018 01:08 PM

Hi Team,

We need to decommision two Jobs : HR100252 and RB_GEN . Kindly let us know does decommision of Jobs means deletion of Jobs or something else.

Please update us on priority ASAP.

Regards,

Md Zain Akbar

• 2.  Re: Need to decommision a Job in Appworx v8

Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:08 PM

Hi Mohd_Akbar,

As your title state: 

Need to decommision a Job in Appworx v8

and you also mention: 

We need to decommision two Jobs : HR100252 and RB_GEN .

Then asked:

Kindly let us know does decommision of Jobs means deletion of Jobs or something else.

From this, it sound like that terminology is used within your organization may mean something...  So when you state: "We need to decommision two Jobs : HR100252 and RB_GEN ."  does your organization want to delete or deactivate the job or something else?  I recommend speaking to the person who told you to "Decommission" those two job and see what they want to do.

Edit:
    Additionally, can you let us know what priority are you looking for?  As this is a Community forum and not the support ticket (created through the support portal)... There is no assign priority to a post... but rather open to all Community members.

• 3.  Re: Need to decommision a Job in Appworx v8

Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:28 PM

Hi Luu,

This question is being asked by one of the Application Teams as one of the JobsHR100252 is in Killing state for Long and the other Job RB_GEN has been running for last 3 weeks so they have advised to decommision the Jobs after taking help with the Database team.

Thanks,

Akbar

• 4.  Re: Need to decommision a Job in Appworx v8

Posted Nov 26, 2018 03:57 PM

Reading what you have just provided, I don't know if these two jobs are still in the backlog (with one in a killing status and the other in a running status for the last 3 week) and that person want you to get ride of it from the backlog with the help of the Database team. Or if this has already been resolved and is no longer in the backlog.

As mentioned, the word "Decommission" have varying meaning and from various other users/customers... sometime it mean to delete, de-activate, clean out of backlog, remove for x workflow etc... as that being said... to find out the intention when they told you to "Decommission" the job... I highly recommend talking to that person that told you & the your Application Team team... as we are not your organization nor that person that informed you to "decommission", to be able to tell you with 100% certainty that decommission mean = _________ in this particular scenario.

From my perspective I don't know if they just want remove the jobs from the backlog (as it been stuck there?) or if its not working correctly and want to delete or maybe to deactivate it. Or even just to remove it form the job...  With what you have asked, the best we can do is GUESS that person intention, when they mention the word "Decommission".

Again, I recommend asking the person that inform you to "decommission" to clarify their intention.