Automic Community

Expand all | Collapse all

How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

• 1.  How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 09-22-2017 07:50 PM
    After receiving a new keyfile.ini file from Automic, you will need to install this in your Applications Manager Master:

1. Stop Applications Manager.
    2. Take the keyfile.ini and place into the data subdirectory of your Applications Manager Home Directory.
        (Unix: $AW_HOME/data/keyfile.ini)
        (Windows: %AW_HOME%\data\keyfile.ini)
    3. Start Applications Manager.

If you still run into any keyfile related errors, please contact Automic Support.

• 2.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 02-04-2020 08:20 AM
    Our key file is getting expired in 31-DEC-2020. Actual we have a permanent  license. how to get the new key-file?  how to contact?

• 3.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 02-11-2020 10:45 AM
    Hello Jacob,

You can open a case for a new key through the support portal with Global Customer Assistance.  You can choose Licensing in the product field and put your product in the Description.

Thanks
    Diane

------------------------------
    Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 03-05-2020 12:44 PM
    Hi Diane.

we have de same problem for the APPWORX V5.1 we have a permanent  license, bu keyfile.ini expires on 31-DEC-2020, can we get a new file.ini?????

regards!!

• 5.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 03-09-2020 08:18 AM
    Hi Rudolfo,

It's the same process.  You have to go through Global Customer Assistance.  You can either open a case with them or log a discussion in communities.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 6.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted 03-10-2020 10:35 AM
    Hi everyone,  I thought you would be interesting in knowing when I upgraded from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1 the installation removed the keyfile.ini file.
    In some of my cases I created for the upgrade support told me this was going to happen along with removing the ojdbc6_signed.jar file. You will need to supply your own.  About the keyfile support told me Broadcom was going toward giving you more leeway on the agents, and what you can do. They did mention you could be audited by them one day. We try to just following what we are paying for with the agents.  If you are not at V9.3+ you will be one day.
    I could be wrong but I think Diane used t be the one we called, and contacted for keys at my job.

Thank you,

Rich