AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Sep 22, 2017 07:50 PM
    After receiving a new keyfile.ini file from Automic, you will need to install this in your Applications Manager Master:

1. Stop Applications Manager.
    2. Take the keyfile.ini and place into the data subdirectory of your Applications Manager Home Directory.
        (Unix: $AW_HOME/data/keyfile.ini)
        (Windows: %AW_HOME%\data\keyfile.ini)
    3. Start Applications Manager.

If you still run into any keyfile related errors, please contact Automic Support.

• 2.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Feb 04, 2020 08:20 AM
    Our key file is getting expired in 31-DEC-2020. Actual we have a permanent  license. how to get the new key-file?  how to contact?

• 3.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Community Manager
    Posted Feb 11, 2020 10:45 AM
    Hello Jacob,

You can open a case for a new key through the support portal with Global Customer Assistance.  You can choose Licensing in the product field and put your product in the Description.

Thanks
    Diane

------------------------------
    Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 4.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Mar 05, 2020 12:44 PM
    Hi Diane.

we have de same problem for the APPWORX V5.1 we have a permanent  license, bu keyfile.ini expires on 31-DEC-2020, can we get a new file.ini?????

regards!!

• 5.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 08:18 AM
    Hi Rudolfo,

It's the same process.  You have to go through Global Customer Assistance.  You can either open a case with them or log a discussion in communities.

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 6.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Mar 10, 2020 10:35 AM
    Hi everyone,  I thought you would be interesting in knowing when I upgraded from V9.1.1 to V9.3.1 the installation removed the keyfile.ini file. 
    In some of my cases I created for the upgrade support told me this was going to happen along with removing the ojdbc6_signed.jar file. You will need to supply your own.  About the keyfile support told me Broadcom was going toward giving you more leeway on the agents, and what you can do. They did mention you could be audited by them one day. We try to just following what we are paying for with the agents.  If you are not at V9.3+ you will be one day.
    I could be wrong but I think Diane used t be the one we called, and contacted for keys at my job. 

Thank you, 

Rich

• 7.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 24, 2020 03:14 PM
    Hi Rodolfo -
    The 31-DEC-2020 limit is not restricted to the license keyfile.ini.  That date is also a limiting factor in the older AppWorx versions which can only be resolved by upgrading to 9.x release.  See this post for more information: https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1243&MID=791663&CommunityKey=0d02f0fa-2c02-470e-8583-67fedcdfd1d7&tab=digestviewer

Sr. Delivery Director - Services
    HCL Americas

• 8.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Dec 16, 2020 03:43 AM

How can we verify once we have installed a new keyfile.ini?

Is there a table that shows the new end date for license?
    As we have installed a new license for our v9.1, I want to verify that my Automation engine continues to work after 31st Dec 2020.

• 9.  RE: How to Install a New Keyfile.ini

Posted Dec 23, 2020 01:19 AM

All, Can you let me know if starting the RMI server post updating the keyfile.ini is the only successful validation of this process?

Does AM have a table that shows the new end date for license?