AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Smile!

Posted Feb 21, 2018 04:50 AM
    Greetings and Salutations.

I noticed the forum has no way to select all the smileys, which bugged me. The smiley picker in the WYSIWYG editor has a static grid of 4x4 smileys:

s8lsgjjqahql.png

... and typing the colon character to insert classical ascii smileys sometimes brings up an annoying list of smileys that is limited to five entries.

So how to know what's available? Fear not, for there is this handy chart, courtesy of Vanilla Forums:

">https://blog.vanillaforums.com/hs-fs/hubfs/Imported_Blog_Media/Twitter_Emoji-1024x364-2.png?t=1519143161462&width=1024&height=364&name=Twitter_Emoji-1024x364-2.png">

This is taken from this blog post, wherein the "Yahoo" and "Little Emoji" and "Riceball" (their name, not mine!) categories have apparently been disabled for the Automic forums, which makes me feel all :heartbreak:

Plus, some individual smileys seem to be unavailable even from the "Twitter Emoji" set, such as :skull:. Maybe a kind mod can elaborate on the rules about what's allowed and what's verboten?

It also seems to be not entirely up to date, for some smileys have a slightly updated appearance. But at least now you know more than you did before (I hope).

If that makes you feel all :mrgreen: then :+1: this post, you'd be a :star:

Best,
    Carsten

• 2.  Smile!

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:06 AM
    whoever needs these /($(%&§ Smileys...

• 3.  Smile!

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:28 AM
    Wolfgang Brueckler said:
    whoever needs these /($(%&§ Smileys...

You, Sir, are currently :trollface: in my thread - and I salute you for it :smiley:

• 4.  Smile!

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:59 AM
    Najo... salutation back but... ehm I am thankful & proud to be part of your thread but... hmmmm ....for those stinkin' smileys?

If there is a smiley for "get lost & leave me alone" I would use it.
    heavily
    very heavily
    100s of times a day
    would print it on a t-shirt
    and on my boxer shorts

cheers, Wolfgang

!smileywithtongueoutofhismouth!

• 5.  Smile!

Posted Feb 21, 2018 11:17 AM
    :smirk:

• 6.  Smile!

Posted Feb 26, 2018 04:33 AM
     :D 

• 7.  Smile!

Posted Feb 26, 2018 09:00 PM
    Hi Carsten,

I understand the frustration with the 4v4 grid limit of displayed emoji.  With Vanilla, those are the popular/common emoji which are used by the majority of user and the grid unfortunately is not customizable  :'(  At the same time, when vanilla does make it customizable - one have to ask; how much emoji display at one time is too much or to little.

As you said for the colon character option... I know you don't like that it only display 5 entries... For this, when you start typing what your feeling/emotion/emoji that you are thinking - it will display any matching emoji to the word.

geg799fxp0fn.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/or/geg799fxp0fn.png" width="383">

Granted, the colon options is not known or transparent of what is available of all the emoji options :|

interesting about that Vanilla link, they forgot to mention about their default Apple looking emoji  :D

5d6vciez96oi.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ca/5d6vciez96oi.png" width="1047">

• 8.  Smile!

Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:03 AM
    Luu_Le_185

Many thanks :) Well, to be fair I'm not really all that frustrated with the grid. Just a tiny bit maybe :smile:. As Wolfgang hinted, smileys is not essentials afterall, but nice to have.

Loving the insights into the configuration options and the Apple smileys (though I'd not recognize them, because thus far I stayed clear of all hardware products produced by the Jobsianites).

And the answer to:

one have to ask; how much emoji display at one time is too much or to little.
    of course is: ALL OF THEM! Especially the fun ones, and the situationally useful ones, like :not_listening:, :look_at_the_time:, :loser: or, for your information-rich postings:

:bow:

:trollface: / :smile: ,
    Carsten

• 9.  Smile!

Posted Feb 28, 2018 02:39 AM
    :trollface: :