AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Using a background image?

Posted Mar 23, 2016 10:39 AM
    Good morning,
    One of my end users was asking about creating a background image in her UC4 UI.  She wanted a different background in order to more easily differentiate between our PRODUCTION and NON-PRODUCTION environments.
    What I've found so far is some instructions about using the AppMaster Administration.  Updates that need to be performed to the Master.Properties and Options.Properties files, and then creating ICONS on the images. 
    Honestly, I'm not even sure what the end result would be here.. What exactly do those ICONS do?

If anyone has experience with this, I'd love to get more details, and see if I'm even on the right track.  (Assuming this is even possible...)

We are using v8.0_P14_27763_28018 Build: 28023.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2.  Using a background image?

Posted Mar 23, 2016 12:48 PM
    Hello Adrian,

The ability to change the color schemes in the Applications Manager client GUI was removed with the release of AM version 8. Before version 8's release, color schemes of the GUI could be changed by changing the variable "LookandFeel=" which resided in the client.jnlp file. Currently, there is no way to change the background or color scheme for the UI.

The instructions in the AppMaster Administration is referring to specific feature changes available to AppMaster, which is an add-on available to Applications Manager. AppMaster allows you to view multiple automation engines(environments) from its interface and does not relate to the Applications Manager Client GUI.

I recommend filling out an enhancement request to have this feature added to a future release of Applications Manager. An enhancement request can be entered in by visiting http://ideas.automic.com.

Much Regards,
    Phearith Mao

• 3.  Using a background image?

Posted Mar 23, 2016 01:19 PM
    Thank you!  That answers my question!