AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring Applications Manager

Posted Jul 28, 2017 11:56 AM
    I was doing a little reading on watchworx and it looks like it will do some things that we've been needing.  Basically we need to monitor the entire Applications Manager application and restart it if it goes down, however we also need to monitor things like specific agents to see if they are stopped.  There's more but those are a couple good examples.  My questions.  Is there any extra licensing fees for watchworx?  I found the sections on watchworx in the online documentation, is there any other helpful documentation you can point me to.  I've searched and will continue searching the communities as well.

There is no license for WatchWorx it's licensed with Applications Manager. It will monitor the RmiServer, and AgentService processes, and restart them if they go down abnormally. You can also monitor Agent logging events, and Task logging events. This is documented in the Administration Guide. Here is a link to the documentation on Logging Agent Events, and Task Events.

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/AM/latest/All%20Guides/help_en.htm#AM_Administration_Guide/Logging_Agent_Events.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministration%2520Guide%7CEvent%2520Logging%7C_____3

Here is a link to Logging Task Events.
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/AM/latest/All%20Guides/help_en.htm#AM_Administration_Guide/Logging_Task_Events.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministration%2520Guide%7CEvent%2520Logging%7C_____2

• 2.  Monitoring Applications Manager

Posted Jul 31, 2017 05:01 PM
    The watchworx process can also send emails if the Master or Agent goes down. Take a look at the community post found here: Watchworx.notify

• 3.  RE: Monitoring Applications Manager

Posted Jun 22, 2020 07:04 AM
    Hi,

Is there any other way apart from watchworx to send a notification in case a remote agent is down?
    I was looking at ways via Application Manager GUI and could not find anything for alerting in case a agent is down.

Regards,
    Shashank Singh

• 4.  RE: Monitoring Applications Manager

Posted Jun 26, 2020 08:52 AM
    Hi All,

Following up on the above question -
    Is there any other way apart from watchworx to send a notification in case a remote agent is down?

Regards,
    Shashank Singh