AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Operations staff coverage question (outsourcing?)

Posted Jan 11, 2016 06:37 PM
    We are a small shop and our batch work is usually done before midnight.  We have an off-shift operator that works a few hours a night to monitor UC4 and assist with (infrequent) recoveries.  When that operator has a planned absence, we can ask a daytime operator to fill in.  But we are concerned about what we would do if we unexpectedly lost this person.

Does anyone outsource this type of work?  How well does it work for you?

• 2.  Operations staff coverage question (outsourcing?)

Posted Jan 11, 2016 11:03 PM
    Hello Mr.Wirfs,

This Raj and I am with Robert Bosch India.
    We do offer 24/7 operations support  on Automic (UC4) Scheduling and Monitoring services
    We could support you on the requirement for UC4 monitoring in a outsourced model
    You can reach me @ +91(422)673-1673 or send me an email to Rajkumar.Manickam@in.bosch.com with your contact details

• 3.  Operations staff coverage question (outsourcing?)

Posted Jan 12, 2016 01:44 PM
    Thank you for your information.  I have sent it to my superiors for consideration.  We have not decided if we are going to take this approach.  Pete

• 4.  RE: Operations staff coverage question (outsourcing?)

Posted Jun 17, 2020 09:54 PM
    Edited by Kayley Cunningham Jun 18, 2020 07:59 PM
    Hi Mr. Wirfs,

Do you have any updates in this? Modern day businesses like OBP BPO provider operates with a workforce made up of a mix of full time, part time, contractor and casual employees and when that operator has a planned absence, they are requiring daytime operator to fill in. Unplanned absences often necessitate the hiring of temporary employees at a higher hourly cost while still providing benefits to the absent employee.