Automation Analytics & Intelligence (AAI)

View Only

Call API seems to function sometimes

Ryan Jacoby's profile image
Ryan Jacoby posted Nov 17, 2021 11:02 AM
Hello everyone, we have a couple of call API jobs and I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not, but the jobs seem to not function on occasion.  Usually they work but we've had instances where a user runs the batch file that executes the job (sometimes several times in a row) and it looks like it ran, but when we look at the job statistics, it didn't run.

I'm not sure how to enable logging in order to find out why it does this.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  We have Automic 11 (ONE Automation 2015).

I'm new to the community and saw several different "Automic" communities here and not sure which one I should be in.  Thanks for any help!

I'll post the details of the Batch script that we setup for the users to run and the text files that it references below:

Here's the batch file:
ECHO OFF

:Confirmation
set /P c=Are you sure you want to run IAT Post [Y/N]?
if /I "%c%" EQU "Y" goto :GoodToGo
if /I "%c%" EQU "N" goto :ExitNow
goto :Confirmation

:GoodToGo
echo "Executing the IAT Post workflow"
UCXBXXXC SCRIPT=S:\UC4\UC4API\LIVERunIATPost.txt INI=S:\UC4\UC4API\UCXB100C.ini
exit

:ExitNow
echo "Exiting the API"
exit

The LIVERunIATPost.txt file simply has the job name to run and tells it to run:

:set &run = ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT(JOBP,IAT_POSTING)

and the UCXB100C.ini file has connection info:

[GLOBAL]
system=UC4

helplib=.\uc.msl
language=E,D

timeout=60

[USER]
; Default Logon to UC4 System
client=100
user=CALL_API
dept=IS
pass=REDACTED

[CP_LIST]
2217=REDACTED
Alain Moisy's profile image
Alain Moisy

Hi,

You shouls post this in Automic Workload Automation forum instead.

Just a few comment :

1 - Do you have any restrictions in the queue used to run the Call-API commands ? See UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS parameter.

2 - Do you have any restriction in the parallel run of the object you want to activate ? See object definition "Task running in parallel" parameter.

3 - Do you have any restriction in the number of connection allowed simulteanously in the Client ? See UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS parameter. Each use of the Call-A

PI is using one connection to the Client. So if you have allowed 5 connection to the client and you have 3 GUI active, you cannot run more than 2 Call-API at the same time.

This may impact the possibility to activate multiple times the same object at the same time.

Regards.

Alain

Ryan Jacoby's profile image
Ryan Jacoby
I believe I found out by looking at the job statistics that we were out of licenses when the users were attempting to run the job.

I've found a few other times where someone attempted to run a CallAPI and it didn't work and I found nothing in the statistics at all, so I can't explain that, but at least I know that we were out of licenses in some instances.

We are in the process of moving to the new HTML based Automic and I'm hoping that we can give the users access to the jobs natively so they can kick them off directly from Automic instead of a shortcut on their desktop and maybe that will help us in the future.

Thanks for following up though.