Symantec Access Management

View Only

Can advanced authentication webservice support bulk deletion on associated devices?

Tony Fu's profile image
Tony Fu posted Jan 21, 2021 10:33 AM
Hi All
I am looking for a out-of-box feature to do the  bulk deletion of associated devices.
I know there is a webservice available to delete associated device Deleting Associations 
Broadcom remove preview
Deleting Associations
CA Risk Authentication also enables you to delete user-device associations. However, internally, CA Risk Authentication does not remove the association entry. It merely sets this value to 0 for the given association. This section walks you through the following tasks for deleting stored user-device associations for a specified user: Preparing the Request Message Use the deleteAssociationRequest message to delete the specified associations for a user.
View this on Broadcom >

however this web service will allow to delete single specified associated devices. 

Is there any feature or approach to do the bulk deletion efficiently? Either api/webservice or backend DB operation ?
One of the sample case from my side is to clear up all the associated device registered over 6 months for all users or single user.

Namish Tiwari's profile image
Broadcom Employee Namish Tiwari
Hi Tony,

The document explains what we do currently, we are not deleting the association but just changing the status so next time when you do ListAssociations() call, you will not the see which has the status as 0.
If you want to do a clean up then you may need to look into doing this directly in DB. The two tables which you need to look are ARRFDEVUSERASSO and ARRFDEVICEINFO table.

-Namish