IT Process Automation

View Only

Error:Can't send command to SMTP host

MILAN ZIGA's profile image
MILAN ZIGA posted Jan 13, 2022 01:00 AM
Hi everyone,
We use PAM 4.3SP5 with AdoptOpenJDK 8u292-b-10(x64) running on Windows2016.
I need to change the SMTP setting to use Office365. In Configuration, I changed the email connector settings to

But nothing is sent with the error:
I tried to use the article CA Process Automation: TLSv1.2 Support, but it did not solve the error.
Can anybody help me with the problem?
Thanks, Milan
Lindsay Estabrooks's profile image
Lindsay Estabrooks
I don't have a definitive answer but I wonder if the issue relates to the limited ciphers configured out-of-the-box. Check out this page in the documentation:
https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/automic-process-automation/04-3-05/administrating/administer-components/administer-security/secure-data-transfer-between-the-product-and-jvms.html

Alternately, I would consider setting up an SMTP forwarder in your environment so that you don't have to go directly to office365.com.
MILAN ZIGA's profile image
MILAN ZIGA
Hello Lindsay,
thank you for your answer. I tried to use these parameters with values from the docs TLS cipher suites supported by Office 365, but the error persisted without any changes. Fortunately, I found the article that point me to the version AdoptOpenJDK version 1.8.0_265. With this version it works correctly without any further configuration.
Regards,
Milan