CA Service Management

View Only

SECURE CA CMDB VISUALIZER URL

Jump to Best Answer
Amosu Babatunde's profile image
Amosu Babatunde posted Nov 25, 2020 02:03 AM
Hello all,
Good day around the world and trust we are all keeping safe amidst this pandemic.
We have CA ITSM 17.1 HA mode running in our environment with 2 application servers placed behind a load balancer which is accessible by users.
On this 2 application servers, we configured Visualizer and it's working fine.
Now our security team advise we secure the cmdb url before they can allow users access to it as this is the organization's standard policy.
Please we want to know steps to be taken to secure this url as we haven't done this before.
Awaits swift responses.
Regards,
Amosu
Brian Mathato's profile image
Broadcom Employee Brian Mathato Best Answer
There is a wizard provided to do this. Please review the steps documented in the below URL:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/administering/enable-ssl-authentication-for-ca-service-management-solution/ssl-configurator-utility-wizard-for-ca-service-management.html
Amosu Babatunde
Hello Brian,
Thanks for this tip, it will surely save us alot in editing the server.xml file alot.
Please I need one more clarification. We have already configured the https for both Service Desk Manager url and mobiledemo url as well.
Do we still need go through this wizard to complete for the visualizer?
Thanks once again while I awaits your usual prompt response.
Regards,
Amosu
Joe Gavan's profile image
Joe Gavan
Quick question seeking clarification - as the SSL wizard was introduced in version 17.2  and the original post states Amosu is running 17.1, can the wizard be run against a previous product version?
Amosu Babatunde
Hello Joe,
I tried running the wizard on 17.1 but was unsuccessful.
Thanks,
Amosu​
Brian Mathato's profile image
Broadcom Employee Brian Mathato
https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=2125&MessageKey=73ea991d-374c-4678-84b1-cef95d49b77f&CommunityKey=e2cd3188-49bc-4f38-88f1-74260f56fa66&tab=digestviewer
Amosu Babatunde
Hello Brian,
I followed your instruction you gave in the link shared and when we make changes to the server.xml file in the CATALINA_BASE_VISUALIZER, the service desk manager url went down due to the fact that they both share port 8443 we guess.
We further edited the .xml file to port 8447 and Service Desk Manager url came up and users could connect again and also we were able to launch the visualizer on port 8447.
We began to encounter "connection the server refused" error message when we launch the visualizer from the Service Desk Manager.
Could you please assist us on how best to get passed this error.
Note: We edited the NX.env file after the url was set to port 8447.
Awaits your usual prompt response.
Regards,
Amosu