DX NetOps

View Only

How to change number of views in a page in DX PM?

Bruno Sousa's profile image
Bruno Sousa posted Apr 14, 2021 09:30 AM
Hello

Pages in DX PM seem to be limited to 25 views.

How can I change this parameter?

Thank you.

BR
Bruno Sousa
Carlos Radice's profile image
Broadcom Employee Carlos Radice
Hi Bruno,

See The maximum number of views per dashboard is 25 information on site:
https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/20-2/using/dashboards/manage-dashboards.html

Make a view with multiple items is better than a view per item.
Jeffrey Pinard's profile image
Broadcom Employee Jeffrey Pinard
Diff view types have diff max views in results.

The view config should tell you the max when you enter a number above the max.

If you are referring to number of view configs on a dashboard, you need to consider each view generates 1+ RIB call to the DA/vertica.
There are only 40 shared threads in PC to run RIB calls.  So if you have a dashboard for like 30 view configs, that means it will use 30 of those 40 threads.  So they will need to compete with other dashboards for those 40 threads.  And how fast those 40 run depend on speed of vertica to complete the SQL calls.
Just something to think about making very large dashboards.
Bruno Sousa
Thank you both for the feedback.

In this page I have multiple graphics for "groups of interfaces" ("aggregated interface")

I could have a multview / multitrend if these were "normal" interfaces.

Any strategy you recommend to deal with these cases? 

What is the best way to have a single dashboard for multiple groups?

Thank you.

BR
Bruno Sousa
Jeffrey Pinard's profile image
Broadcom Employee Jeffrey Pinard
Sorry, Multiple dashboards with similar titles, is really the only answer right now when you get that high in number of views.

Are these all NFA views to show NFA aggregated interfaces or you mean a group that contains 2 interfaces in DA being aggregated?

Have you tried looking at scorecards by group? and put the groups under 1 tree parent in PC group admin?  scorecard on the parent group?
Bruno Sousa
Is a problem with "interface aggregates" in DX PM.

I was thinking about a group scorecard for this as the top view and a dashboard inside each group.

The problem is the clients don't want to see the "average" metric as KPI in the group scorecard.

They need to have the group "Maximum" or "95th Percentile" KPIs for capacity planning purposes.

And I still didn't completely understand how the the percentile 95 is calculated / shown for the group in the scorecard tables..

Maybe you can help with this last subject?

Thank you.

BR 
Bruno Sousa