View Only

GIT Frontend for Harvest Version 14

Jagan GN's profile image
Jagan GN posted Dec 20, 2021 12:12 PM
Hi Team,

while executing the command git harvest-clone -i Harvest.cfg 
i am getting [INFO] hgitstage failure

with the log file 
I00060040: New connection with Broker ca9sapp00245d established.
E03000016: Unable to execute command 'mkdir '
E03000002: Unable to stage Git Repository

not sure what i am missing, could you please help me on this.
-Jagan
Mallikharjun Vemana's profile image
Broadcom Employee Mallikharjun Vemana
Hi Jagan,

By default, Harvest uses CA_SCM_HOME (which is usually C:\Program Files\CA\SCM) as your Git working directory which is where all the git changes are temporarily staged before synchronising them to Harvest Database. Underneath this folder, a directory is created for each git project for this purpose.

What I believe must be happening in your case is that the "C:\Program Files" folder is restricted to only super users of that system and hence harvest not able to create a directory there. 

You can always change this default  git staging directory path by setting the -gitstagingdir parameter in your HServer.arg (more details in the documentation link below under Configure GIT Staging Directory section)

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/harvest-scm/14-0/administrating/Git-Front-End-for-CA-Harvest/Administer-GIT-Front-End-for-Harvest.html

Please ensure you provide a directory (possibly on a different drive than C:\) with enough space on it as git staging directory. 

Regards,
Mallik.