Layer7 API Management

View Only

How can I distinguish clusterwide properties used in service and policy during migration

Halim Sagiroglu's profile image
Halim Sagiroglu posted Jan 15, 2021 11:45 AM
Hello,

We have Layer7 API Gateways V9.3 and V9.4 up and running. For migration, we are using GatewayMigrationUtility-1.5.00-479. Inside our Layer7 services, we use policies and encapsulated assertion. And, we use clusterwide properties in both services and policies. During migration process with GMU, we do not want to migrate the clusterwide properties used in policies, we only need to migrate the ones used in services (<l7:Type>SERVICE</l7:Type>), because polices are managed by a specific team while services are developed by other developers.

Is there a way to know the names of the clusterwide properties that are used only in SERVICE, but not in the policies? How can we migrate only clusterwides inside the SERVICE?

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Halim
Luis Alberto Huallpa Torre's profile image
Luis Alberto Huallpa Torre
Hi Halim,

i think this is only possible if you migrate the services and policies one by one.
if you are using jenkins or a similar you can automate this process. Maybe you could consider migrating the services, policies and properties individually using GMU or Curl.

Regards,
Halim.
Remco Dekker's profile image
Remco Dekker
HI Halim,

This can be achieved by running the manageMapping command on your exported GMU bundle. It can be done for specific entities.
So for example you could:
$ ./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh manageMappings -b bundle.xml --targetName --action NewOrExisting --type CLUSTER_PROPERTY
On import this bundle will result in all CWP's (with the same names) on the target system untouched, or create them if not existant.

See also:
https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/layer7-api-management/api-gateway/9-4/gateway-migration/gmu-command-help/managemappings-command.html
Vince Baker's profile image
Broadcom Knight Vince Baker

Hi,

If you want to never have GMU issues again then our Api Gateway Manager (AAGM) is the way to go. It's our replacement for GMU + LOTS MORE.

We've already been through all these hoops before with many customers, so you don't have to find the same issues.

https://apiida.com/apiida-api-gateway-manager/?lang=en

PM me if you need any help.

Regards

Vince Baker

Halim Sagiroglu's profile image
Halim Sagiroglu
Hi All,
Thank you for your replies.

@Remco Dekker, I think I did not get your point, can you explain a little bit, maybe with an example? All CW property names in a service start with the same prefix unique to that service, so manageMappings command for CWs starting with specific name will solve my problem, but I don't know how to manageMapping CW's with specific starting string. I would appreciate if you provide an example.​

Regards
Halim