DX NetOps

Filter out Alarms of devices where Last Successful Poll Attribut is older then 30 days

posted 07-28-2021 04:12 AM
Hello,

I'm looking to filter out Alarms from one Filter, where the Device has not been reached for more than 30 days. I don't want to delete the Alarm or Age it Out. 
I just want to remove these Alarms from one filter.

The Attribute Last_Sucessfull_Poll 0x11620 contains the timestamp, but i don't know how to build that into the filter criteria under the attribut tab.

Is that even possible? Are there other ways to filter out alarms from devices which haven't been reached for 30 days?

Regards,

Jana.
Broadcom Employee
Jana,

I am not seeing how we can filter on the Last_Successful_Poll attribute.

If you are not assigning to a trouble shooter, maybe create a trouble shooter and assign them to this trouble shooter and then hide alarms assigned to this trouble shooter?

Joe
You might just better put the device into maintenance mode and the alarms should disappear. You can try either Maintenance Mode or Hibernation, in case your devices might come up at some point in the future. The difference between Maintenance and Hibernation is that in Hibernation, if the device responds to 3 consecutive polls, it will be taken out of Maintenance by the system. 
You can script/schedule a list with the devices that are not seen with more than 30 days and run it on a daily basis.

I don't know of any possibilities of filtering the alarms the way you want it.

Thanks for your input. This triggered some new ideas.

I think I'm going to write a script, which shoves all Devices, with a Last_SuccessfulLPoll older then 30days into a GlobalCollection.

In my Alarmfilter i can then Filter on attribut CollectionsModelNameString

Regards,

Jana.