Harvest

View Only

Jenkins - Harvest integration

Adam Blaszczyk's profile image
Adam Blaszczyk posted Aug 31, 2021 06:15 AM
Hello,

I'm running jenkins and Harvest Client on the same host (linux). I've installed harvest plugin on jenkins and tried to configure it along with a instruction:
CA Harvest as Source Code Management System in Jenkins
Broadcom remove preview
CA Harvest as Source Code Management System in Jenkins
This article describes using CA Harvest SCM as a Source Code Management System in Jenkins: Jenkins is a free and open-source automation server. It helps automate the parts of software development related to building, testing, deploying, and facilitating continuous integration and continuous delivery.
View this on Broadcom >

And when i try run test job in jenkins i got some errors about:
Building on master in workspace /var/jenkins_home/jobs/test-harvest-plugin2/workspace
[workspace] $ hsync -b ****** -usr **** -pw ******** -en **** -st **** -vp **** -cp /var/jenkins_home/jobs/test-harvest-plugin2/workspace -pn  -ced -jenkins -o hco.log
java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:247)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hsync" (in directory "/var/jenkins_home/jobs/test-harvest-plugin2/workspace"): error=2, No such file or directory
I'm sure the command is correctly configured, beacuse i can run the same command in terminal and it is working. The directory exists and i tested with 777 permissions, so all users should be able to use it.
Maybe anyone was facing similar issue and can help with this?

Sridhar Gooni's profile image
Broadcom Employee Sridhar Gooni
Hello Adam,

As the jenkins plugin works through Harvest Command line interface, all the scm variables need to be available for jenkins job.

Try exporting scm variables before you start the jenkins server.

Thanks,
Sridhar