Rally Software

View Only

Counter App - RTF Hyperlink - How to make it open in a new tab?

Kathryn Ellis's profile image
Broadcom Employee Kathryn Ellis posted Sep 17, 2021 04:53 PM
Hello. I am using the Counter App. 
I have created a hyperlink using the rich-text formatting and when the user clicks on the link it opens up in the portlet. 
If the user does a 'right-click' they can launch the link in another tab or window, so I have put a note on the portlet.
However, I want it to automatically open in a new tab.  Is it possible in this app with the RTF field? 
I can do it okay using an HTML App, by coding the HTML tag properly, but I could not figure out how to do it for the Counter App which uses RTF.
Sagi Gabay's profile image
Broadcom Employee Sagi Gabay
Hi Kathryn,

I don't believe there is such a way. The display area used by the Counter App is just a text area and so in order to add a hyper-link you must use the widget in the toolbar in that app. Yet, that toolbar widget is only able to support static URL.  That toolbar widget doesn't support generating a full HTML tag (such as <a> tag). Not can it plant some javascript that may allow you to popup another window or tab.  It seems this widget will only expect a static URL, it will generate the hyper-link but can only display it in the main text area.

Please let us know if this helped.
Sagi