Service Virtualization

View Only

SSL Context missing in Apache Kafka Connection Asset: DevTest 10.6

Chaya Pothuraju's profile image
Chaya Pothuraju posted Feb 22, 2021 10:11 PM
Hello DevTest Team,
I am trying to leverage the Apache Kafka functionality built into DevTest 10.6 to establish connectivity to our Enterprise Kafka servers. I have gone through the documentation and downloaded the respective JAR files to enable the SSL part of the Kafka Connection Asset. The documentation instructs to copy the JAR files to lib/share and download the patch versions of lisa-core-10.6.0.jar and lisa-esb-10.6.0.jar which can't be found on the downloads page. Can you please advice where can I download the patched Lisa JAR Files to be used in this case?

Documentation Link: Apache Kafka Assets
I've attached a screenshot of my Kafka Connection Asset which is missing the SSL Context and SASL Context sections. Please let me know if you have any questions.

CC: @Sankar Natarajan

Thank you very much,
Chaya Pothuraju.

​​​
Srikanth Gajawada's profile image
Broadcom Employee Srikanth Gajawada
Hi Chaya,
   Thanks for sharing the detailed information. To enable SSL configuration of kafka connection assets, you need the patch on top of 10.6 version. Please raise a support ticket to get the patch.

Thanks,
Srikanth
Vaibhav Jain's profile image
Vaibhav Jain
Hi Chaya,

To create Kafka connections with Plaintext, SSL, SASL and SASL_SSL in 10.6, you have to apply patch first.

For patch, you can raise a support ticket. Once, you have the patch follow the below steps:

1.Copy the kafka-clients-2.5.0.jar into <LISA_HOME>/lib/shared directory
2. Download the lisa-core-10.6.0.jar and lisa-esb-10.6.0.jar and copy it in <LISA_HOME>/lib/core directory.
3. Restart the components

Thanks